May 1st FAQ

Justin

Question

I really do need to get in a game. May go with vassal to tide me over. I don't see "before model is removed." Am I reading the wrong stat perhaps?

My Bidding: After damaging target non-Leader, the target immediately performs a (1) Action chosen and controlled by this model's controller. This Action may not declare Triggers.

My reading of it: After doing damage that would result in reducing wounds to >0 to target non-leader, the collodi player picks a 1 AP on killjoy's card and does it right away before killjoy applies black blood. No triggers are declared.

Please clarify if I am wrong cause I am intending to play Collodi. So I want to have his rules down right.

I have a different take on it. Just bare with me for a second and I will explain my train of thoughts.

For reference

Collodis “My Bidding: After damaging target non-Leader, the target immediately performs a (1) Action chosen and controlled by this model's controller. This Action may not declare Triggers.”

(p51 small book). If the model is reduced to 0 Wounds it is immediately removed from the game as killed.

So Collodi attacks Killjoy with Pull the Strings. Declares one trigger (step 4) and determine success (step 5). The damage dealt to Killjoy reduces him to 0 wounds. And now we have two things happening at the same time.

The “call out-box” on page 51 for general timings only refers to triggers and abilities, and I would say that being reduced to 0wd qualify as nether. So the controlling player my not chose in witch order this is resolved. So as I see it, the only way to figure this timeline out is to check witch rule is more specific and let that one overrule the other one.

They bother happen “immediately” so no help their, but I would rule that “reduced to 0 wounds” is way more specific then “after damaging”.

So with that said, Killjoy is removed from the game as killed before Collodis trigger can happen.

Under "after damaging " it specifically says the trigger is done before the model is removed. So you are mostly right.

Also you should get a game in vassal usually is up and around. Course face to face is much more fun imo.

Darn! Missed that part ;)

I really do need to get in a game. May go with vassal to tide me over. I don't see "before model is removed." Am I reading the wrong stat perhaps?

My Bidding: After damaging target non-Leader, the target immediately performs a (1) Action chosen and controlled by this model's controller. This Action may not declare Triggers.

My reading of it: After doing damage that would result in reducing wounds to >0 to target non-leader, the collodi player picks a 1 AP on killjoy's card and does it right away before killjoy applies black blood. No triggers are declared.

Please clarify if I am wrong cause I am intending to play Collodi. So I want to have his rules down right.

In the rule book under the triggers? Part it explains when triggers are used. (Which is immediately btw unless specified otherwise ie after damaging after succeeding and so on)

But after damaging says before the model is removed the trigger happens. So for instance teddy triggers peek a boo and even if he kills the model he can still push the model and then it is removed. But moving that model might place a marker out of los/ range what ever. OR jut move teddy 4" Which ever.

• Like 1