Ice Tornado

WookieeGunner

Question

Was just reading Ice Tornado and wanted to make sure I was reading it right.  If I target a model with Frozen Heart and then do Severe damage, they will take 0 damage, be pushed 3 inches, and then I still get a 3 point double blast?

Sounds like a really great melee threat.  Sure engage me, I'll hit my guy, cheat down, push out of engagement, you take 3 points and then I can activate the guy that just engaged and nuke you from range.

5 answers to this question

Yes, Snow Storms Ice Tornado does work like that, keep in mind a few things however.  You still have to hit the TN 12 which means you still have to have a minimum flip of 7 (unless you get some bonuses from somewhere), and if you choose to have your friendly targeted model not resist, by page 33 (of the big rule book), any time a friendly model chooses not to resist the result of the duel is always considered to be the equivalent of a tie so your damage flip would be at 2 negative flips and the defending model can't use defense triggers either for any other funny business, so if you want a real chance at hitting a moderate or severe for the blasts, you have to have the defender flip, so depending on the results and how much cheating you have to do to make this happen it can burn a lot of cards from your hand.  Also Ice Tornado is a projectile attack so it cannot be used while Snow Storm himself is engaged.

Also I'm sure you just typoed, but severe damage for Ice tornado is actually a triple blast

I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but does the "after damaging" trigger only apply to the primary target, or would it also factor in the damage from resulting blasts? I ask this, b/c technically, if you target one of your models with frozen heart, they take no damage, and thus the trigger can't be declared.