New to Malifaux, not new to mini gaming

TehMik

Hey guys.

I just recently picked up my first crew box (Lady J) to join in my FLGS' malifaux journeyman league*, to borrow a WM/H term. We're in the first week of the league, and I've played three games (not counting one or two demo games to get the hang of the game). My W/L is irrelevant, but I can say I have had a blast. In fact, the game that was most fun was the one game that I lost. ;) note to self - if Lady J has two wounds left don't assault Papa Loco. He gets the last laugh.

I've played 40k since 1992, and over the years have tried my hand at basically every "major" miniature game out there. Currently suffering from 40k burnout, I jumped at the chance to play Malifaux. I've drooled over the models for quite some time, and the new plastics are fantastic. Which is why I went with the Lady J box - those death marshals. Amazeballs.

Anyways, I look forward to lowering the quality of discourse on this forum for the foreseeable future.

*if you're in the DC-metro area, check us out at http://beltway-gamers.com/forums/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome aboard! I'm in much the same boat as you. My first game with borrowed figs was Lady J vs. Misaki, and I don't think I've ever enjoyed losing so well!

Another important safety tip: When you've got one wound left, stay away from any model with the Black Blood ability. Losing because you didn't read your opponent's cards always sucks.