2 List Tournament on the 21st

Brettqpublic

Dear Guildmates,

I'll be attending a tournament later this month in East Lansing http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27573.

The format will be fixed shared strategies and all players may bring two lists. A player cannot use a list for a second time until they have used both lists once.

As such, I'm leaning towards building two fairly well-rounded lists. I'm going to use Lady J/Lucius for one list and I'm leaning towards Criid for my second since she can pump out a lot of blast/magical damage although the Ortega clan is also a possibility.

Here's what I'm thinking of using. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Lady Justice -- 8 Pool

Student of Conflict [4ss]

Lucius [10ss]

Executioner [7ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

And...

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Sonnia Criid -- 8 Pool

Francisco Ortega [5ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Guild Austringer [5ss]

Peacekeeper [9ss]

Santiago Ortega [7ss]

Just my opinion. But I don't like two austringers and the two ortegas with Sonia. She doesn't usually in my experience Need the austringers cool shoot out of Los ability. I love an executioner with her, because he does not compete with her for cards

Criid can only ignore LoS on CA 7+ models so it is only useful against masters. That being stated I do see your point. I don't have a lot of melee in the list. Maybe I should go for something more along the lines of this.

Guild Crew - 35 - Scrap

Sonnia Criid -- 8 Pool

Nino Ortega [7ss]

Peacekeeper [9ss]

Santiago Ortega [7ss]

Witchling Stalker [4ss]

Witchling Stalker [4ss]

I've been trying lots of different builds with Sonnia lately. I few findings:

* You are right, she really needs 7-8ss in her starting pool.

* Unless you are going to "keep her out of harms way" first 2 turns and manifest the avatar turn 3, she REALLY benefits from a guardian protecting her.

* You want 2 Withing Stalkers in there as you can use them as targets for the flame burst dealing out tons of damage with blasts. Their Magic Resistance 2 reduces the damage they take, their melee is pretty decent at 6:ram:, their aura is awesome and I've been using Dispel Magic on Paralyzes and poison a lot lately.

* I find her crew (as most of Guilds crews) severely lacks speed. So I've been using the watcher quite a lot for objective grabbing or to achieve schemes like Breakthrough.

* Finally, I tested the Governor's Proxy last game I played (was playing against McMorning) and he was awesome. The WP bonus is nice, but the spell that removes suites from model Cb and Ca attributes is top notch. In my game I targeted my own executioner and chose McMorning as the additional target effectively stopping the nasty stuff McMorning has for the turn. And if you have a nice book in your hand, you can even get an additional Flame Burst or Flame Wall in.

My 35ss list suggestion for you, if you are not using the avatar:

Sonnia (8ss pool)

Governor's Proxy - 2

Watcher - 3

Guardian - 7

Witching Stalker x2 - 8

Convict Gunslinger - 6

Guild Austringer - 5