"Secret Agendas" Malifaux League [Montreal,QC]

snord

Link: http://www.gamersvault.ca/forums/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1182

===========================

Chapter 1 - Martial Law

January 15th, 115 PF - Governor General's office (extract from Twisting Fates, page 273)

- "No need to add to the discontent. No Travel. No Immigration. Double the guardsmen's watch duty. It's time to declare martial law. No one moves within city save essential duties your office will approve."

- "It will require some time to implement such drastic changes."

- "You have no time Mr. Matheson. You'll enact my edict immediately. Spare no time. No manpower. See that it's handled." Lucius nodded. He would get it done. He never failed. "You're all dismissed.", he said, and turned back to the city in the valley bellow him. They each filed out with Lucius at the end.

When they had gone he smiled and his grip upon the railing tightened. "Even better than planned", he whispered. "Even better than planned." One construction worker just beyond the open door thought he heard the Governor General chuckling.

January 16th, 115 PF - a discrete back room in the Star Theater

- "Marcus might be an odd fellow, but he is right in his assessment. This must be our top most priority." Ramos was not particularly happy to have to agree with Marcus, but the truth was there in plain sight for anyone willing to see.

- "We will need Rasputina's help on this, and I heard she was not really friendly to the last messenger you sent...", Kaeris said.

Ramos knew it to be true and there was no counter to that argument. Poor Joss. If he had imagined she would be so beyond reason, he would never had sent Joss. But they needed her now and so there wasn't really a choice.

- "It seems we will have to imbue that frozen brain with some sense ourselves. If the mountain won't go to Moses..."

- "And that brings us to the same subject again... we can't go there either without the Guild falling on us like a starving lion on its prey! I wonder if the Governor General knew anything about our plan. It seems such a coincidence this timely declaration of martial law!", replied Kaeris.

- "I don't know about that Kaeris, but if we can't close their eyes, we can certainly draw their gaze to the wrong direction. I can easily create some diversion that would buy us the time we need to get out of the city unseen.", said the girl in the corner. She had been so quiet during the whole meeting that Kaeris almost forgot she was there.

- "Colette, please, we will need you with us! You can't be at two places at the same time!"

- "Oh, speak for yourself baby!"

Ramos smiled...

Chapter 1 - Martial Law : (Oct 19th - Oct 25th)

Strategy: Shared Distract

25 soulstones

=================

"Secret Agendas" Malifaux League

Welcome to the "Secret Agendas" Malifaux League at the Gamer's Vault. This will be a story driven league that follows the tournament rules. Our story happens after the events of Twisting Fates book, as per the dates in each Chapter of the fluff.

Every round each player will be assigned an opponent and they have 1 week to play their game and report the results. Ratty's tournament generator program will be used to assign player opponents. Official game evenings are Thursday evenings, as usual. If you can't make Thursday evening, you can try to schedule a different time with your opponent for your game, as long as it is within the week for that round (from Wednesday morning until the next Tuesday evening).

Rules

The league will follow the official Gaining Ground rules with the following details:

* Subscription dates: Oct 1st - Oct 18th.

* League will be played over 4 Rounds (4 weeks, 1 game/week).

* No time limit for games, but players are free to agree on a time limit if they prefer

* Fixed shared strategy for each game

* Single Faction

* Unique schemes (each scheme can be picked only once during the 4 rounds)

* Disparity format

* No painting requirements, but no proxies allowed

* Subscription $10 for members, $15 for non-members. Reverted into prize support.

The size of the game will vary from round to round, according to the following:

Chapter 1 - Martial Law : (Oct 19th - Oct 25th)

Strategy: Shared Distract

25 soulstones

Chapter 2 - TBA: (Oct 26th - Nov 1st)

Strategy: To be announced

30 soulstones

Chapter 3 - TBA: (Nov 2nd - Nov 8th)

35 soulstones

Chapter 4 - TBA: (Nov 9th - Nov 15th)

40 soulstones

Prizes:

Mastermind: 1st place, Gift Certificate (40% of the prize total)

Lead Strategist: 2nd place, Gift Certificate (30% of the prize total)

Senior Engineer: 3rd place, Gift Certificate (15% of the prize total)

Innocent Pawn: random draw, Gift Certificate (15% of the prize total)

Depending on the number of participants, surprise prizes might be offered.

NOTE: If there is an odd number of players, I (Edson) will play the league to enable proper pairings, but I will not be eligible for prizes. If there is an even number of players, I will not play the league.

Any questions not covered by these rules will be decided by the Tournament Organizers (i.e., GV staff, Edson, Tom, Nick). Tom is the appointed rules marshal.

• 2 weeks later...