MALIFAUX UKGT-5TH AND 6TH NOV-Jo’s Malifaux Ho Bonfire in the Breach–Burn the Witch!

Neverata

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi talos

It is officially endorsed by Wyrd with prize support etc and therefore will be the only official GT ran in the UK every year. Last years was very successful

B and bs are reasonable and start from £30 a night

Hope to see you there :)

Cool thanks for your help.

I have just one more question ? What will the crew selection be like. I am hoping Fixed faction, what was it last year?

Not the best choice of weekend for me I'm afraid :(

The missus is likely gonna want to go see some fireworks on the Saturday, but isn't gonna want to sit through a weekend of Malifaux. I suspect anyone that has families/children who they'd want to spend Bonfire Night with is going to have a similar dilemma...

I'll hold off putting my name down for now until it gets a bit nearer and see if I can think of a compromise lol

Mike

Mike - in all fairness people with kids have shuffled their fireworks stuff to the day before etc as I've given them enough notice. I think you'll be surprised at the amount of people who will still attend this. The Halloween tournaments still get a lot of interest too despite it being a popular childhood holiday :D

I think it will be a good weekend :)

Hi talos

It is officially endorsed by Wyrd with prize support etc and therefore will be the only official GT ran in the UK every year. Last years was very successful

I just noticed that if you Email them and you have enough people and a henchmen present Wyrd will help support your Tournament with prizes so again what makes it a GT ? As wyrd prize support is not exclusive to this tournament.

You say its officially endorsed by Wyrd I see no evidence for this.

As I said before I think this tourny looks great and hopeful I can make it I am just confused how it is a Grand tournament it just looks like any other community tournament.

I am not bashing the tournament I am just confused.

Another question, last year I saw you had sportsmanship points and painting points. Do these points go toward your finally ranking or just used for best painted or best sportsmanship awards ?

As with the last GT we were provided with official banners sent by Wyrd, and no one else in the UK has the right to call their tournament the official GT.

Nathan at Wyrd is in contact with myself and Maelstrom Games who allow me to run the tournament there. They would have ripped down this thread by now if I was saying this without it being true!

I'm not a henchman so I wouldn't get prize support. But I am the only person with the rights to the Grand Tournament.

I can ask for Nathan to endorse it on here but it may take some time with him being busy with GenCon

As it is an official wyrd tournament, this year we will be using their official tournament pack. Last years scores and the scoring system bears no weight, but all scores were added to bring a final total. This was due to no pack being official and available at that time

The pictures and press go back to wyrd after the event for them to use in promotions etc so they are very much in support of us Brits flying the malifaux flag

Ask any of the lot who came last year, it was all official and wyrd and we all had a riot

Cheers

I was one of the ones fortunate enough to attend last years GT... it was endorsed by Wyrd, prize support banners, the whole nine yards... And I must say it is THE BEST tournament I have ever attended.. It ran so smoothly and I can't wait to go this year :-D

We were even provided with official Chawyrdhuas (Wyrds official trophies for use only at Wyrd events)

When they support and make an event official, they sure as hell go all to make sure the tournament has everything it needs

Thanks Wyrd :D You make my job as the TO a lot more enjoyable. Maelstrom Games and I can't wait to be at the helm again

Cheers thanks for the quick answers. That has cleared it up but you must have seen how it looked from the outside. All these people posting about this "Grand Tournament" supported by Wyrd but seemly no evidence to back it up.

Now just one last question: Any thought of the SS amount for the games.

The Malifaux Community are fairly trusting, and Wyrd would have torn me down within seconds if it was a lie!

There will be about 5-6 games over the weekend, at least one brawl. All details to be finalised when i've decided and run the numbers in my head. Last years was a big ask and a big event and i want to make sure it is as balanced as possible. As well as lots of fun :D

If there is one thing Malifaux is, is a lot of fun.

Really? From here it looks like you are, you really aren't coming over too well at all.

hmm dont really want to go into this and derail this thread. But did you really just make an account to make that snide little remark?

Look when I am spending around £150 to go to a tournament I just want to get all the facts right. I never said anything mean about any one so sorry if I came did not come across well. But I have to say you are coming across alot worse just making an account to make that remark.

Also, you can check out Malifaux Minions UK on Facebook (page i made for the occasion as it were)

Has all the pictures from the event so you can take a look at the banners. They are SWEEEEEEEEEEET

Just had a look and last year looked like alot of fun. That puppet deck looks amazing in that frame. Think I may have to steal that idea and have it hanging behind my painting desk.

Edited by Talos