Zoraida Gremlin crew

hannibal

I'd suggest dropping JuJu as the Warpig is 12wd and can get damage then use Eat your fill. In the long game I see it beeter then Regen 2 and eternal. JuJu can be helpful but that staggered return and drain on ss can cause issues in the long run. I've enjoyed running Silurids so pair can can be used. Obey on these guys after they actvate Blood Frenzy can help push out attacks.

Don't forget that Juju is also Hard to Wound. Personally, I'd rather have Bad Juju. You can deliver him anywhere on the board which is a great thing and no matter what he has multiple lives. A Warpig might get to eat something and heal, or he might not. Your opponent knows what he can do, so they're likely to gang up on him to ensure that they kill him all at once.

Juju's also 2 points more accurate in melee and has a 2" melee range instead of 1" which I've found pays off in getting more Strikes with less walking when I want to change targets. It's not just about charge range, but about what you can do from a single position. Finally, Landslide is great and allows Juju to take on multiple smaller models very well on his own. Slow makes it useful even against bigger stuff and is another reason why 2" melee range is important. You can move up within 2" of something, Landslide, and then with them Slowed they have to burn their action walking closer if they do not also have a 2" melee range.

Either model is fine really, the Warpigs are solid too, it just comes down to personal choice. I kind of wince at the idea of taking the Bayou Gremlins and little Pig though - the +1 soulstone tax is eating you alive there. If you drop them you can fit a second Warpig or pick up a few basic in-faction troops like Terror Tots and still save a soulstone for Zoraida.

I kind of wince at the idea of taking the Bayou Gremlins and little Pig though - the +1 soulstone tax is eating you alive there. If you drop them you can fit a second Warpig or pick up a few basic in-faction troops like Terror Tots and still save a soulstone for Zoraida.

But the whole point was to essentially have a Gremlin crew led by Zoraida. . . ;)

But unfortunately, you're right, the +1 SS is just too much to overcome. Sigh. Oh well, guess I won't do it then.

But the whole point was to essentially have a Gremlin crew led by Zoraida. . . ;)

But unfortunately, you're right, the +1 SS is just too much to overcome. Sigh. Oh well, guess I won't do it then.

Have you thought about a 2-Master Brawl with Zoraida and Teeth? That would fill the need and eliminate the soulstone tax.

Or, if you stick to only higher pointed models the the percentage of loss is not high, say 1-2 Warpigs and a Whisperer?