Tuesday Tussles at RIW Hobbies, Livonia, MI

nerdelemental

Get the book!

jk

Candy ss cost: 8. Casting Expert and Self-loathing spell. Ability to Pacify. All the WP checks with Pandora (and Sorrows) would cause damage just for failing. Self-loathing causes the stabbing yourself in your face.

Kade: SS cost: 6. Ability of Incite but he's the melee attacker. No tricky spells for WP duels other than Incite.

Teddy is a melee beastick and nothing too tricky other than Thing of Nightmares allowing him flight and other stuff. He's big and you can see him coming. SS cost of 9

Hooded Rider is a melee beatstick but fast fast fast and is more of a surgical strike (he's your Angelius, Teddy is your Carnivean). Rider isn't just fast, but has three different versions of the sword that do significantly different effects you control. Less directly powerful and more vulnerable than Teddy, but crazy fast and maneuverable and adaptable. SS cost of 8.

So, my crew preference is Candy with the Rider which costs one more point than Kade and Teddy. Both have their merits. I like the trickery of this build better than the in your face and tear it up of the alternative. With Pandora, though, the army plays tricky no matter what. She might be more competitive with Kade and Teddy as better walls of muscle.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get the book!

jk

Candy ss cost: 8. Casting Expert and Self-loathing spell. Ability to Pacify. All the WP checks with Pandora (and Sorrows) would cause damage just for failing. Self-loathing causes the stabbing yourself in your face.

Kade: SS cost: 6. Ability of Incite but he's the melee attacker. No tricky spells for WP duels other than Incite.

Teddy is a melee beastick and nothing too tricky other than Thing of Nightmares allowing him flight and other stuff. He's big and you can see him coming. SS cost of 9

Hooded Rider is a melee beatstick but fast fast fast and is more of a surgical strike (he's your Angelius, Teddy is your Carnivean). Rider isn't just fast, but has three different versions of the sword that do significantly different effects you control. Less directly powerful and more vulnerable than Teddy, but crazy fast and maneuverable and adaptable. SS cost of 8.

So, my crew preference is Candy with the Rider which costs one more point than Kade and Teddy. Both have their merits. I like the trickery of this build better than the in your face and tear it up of the alternative. With Pandora, though, the army plays tricky no matter what. She might be more competitive with Kade and Teddy as better walls of muscle.

how many Soul Stones will be left in my pooll to use for damage prevention and other flips.

Looks like the Jackson crew is coming up tonight (will get there a little after 6). What time you guys normally play until?

!!!

Lies!!!

I got dibs on one of you punks.

We'll be playing at least until 10:30. Usually closer to 11. If Glenn makes it up and wants to hang around to play you can keep gaming until the sun comes up. I get up before the sun comes up, though, so by 11 I'm getting anxious to get out of there.

lol just GOTTA be different. I usually don't take Candy outside of boxset...8 pts for what could be Teddy...

8 pts for a casting expert who makes models attack themselves and who is harmless (also does some other things as well). teddy is big and does a lot of damage but thats about it. hes a huge target from the get go.

i will try them both but candy first.

Was a fun trip tonight, only got 2 games in, one with one of my own locals, and one with Bowen. I got slaughtered (he cheats!) but he has a great attitude to match my own in the game, pure fun.

@ dox, was nice to finally meet ya after all these years, haha. Hope to throw down with ya next time!

Looks like Luke, the blue haired younger one, has finally decided that he will try out Guild, as we have pushed for, make it a bit easier and more encouraging for a win after his last few games not killing a single model...so I will be taking up the Resurrections (YES!)

Anyone got good ideas for punk zombie proxies? Only models in the faction I can't stand.

Great game, thanks Magno!

I, of course, FAILED to take my own constant advise to people at all my events: PLAY THE SCENARIO!

DOH!

I got hung up on trying to pump shots into Nicodem and forgot to move. I should bring a note pad to write that shit on.

It was good to finally play ve rezzies. I needed that.

Good to meet the Jackson crew too!

I had a great time and appreciated all the faces, familiar and new.

Bowsher, that was a good game - sorry I pulled out the easy card with Lil.

Godspeed: good game, too. Sorry I pulled out the easy card with Lil.

:)

Bowen, though I could not win a single initiative flip against you (you flipping the Red Joker after I flipped a 13 was just wrong, lol) in my next game I won initiative every turn but one, lol. Of course...that turn that I didn't was the last and Marcus died in an electrical creation explosion.

Fun times!