Outcast Tactics

Azrrael

If you wanted to watch tactica on Outcasts and the game from an outcast players perspective. What are the big topics you would want addressed? Trying to organize a more on depth style schemes and stones YouTube video set. I hope to go through generalized topics such as playing vs other factions as well as in depth on each outcast master as well as a full compendium of models. If there are any specifics people would want addressed I would be curious to hear them since this is supposed to basically the "advanced" version for outcast players.

• Like 1

Perhaps touch on faction identity and the general traits of the faction? What you can expect from the faction and what we do differently/better/worse than average? 

How to handle the Outcast Mirror Match?

Overlap with other factions (especially Ressers, i.e. Jack, Levi, and Tara).

Pros and Cons of different models that occupy the same slot (Wretches vs Winged Plague as scheme runners, the all 10ss options, etc).

Thoughts on evaluating models within the faction.

I would be much less interested in hearing about individual models, as there are many sources for such information and much more interested in model combinations and when to use them. For example the combination of Rusty Alyce and a dangerous construct (most often the Desolation Engine) is an obvious one, but things like what schemes and strats to use this in, other models to consider hiring (often i go for 1 abomination as well, since Rusty will be able to summon one more fairly easily and then with the two from desolation death you get up to four to reform it) and so on.

Thanks to Levi, Hamelin, Jack Daw, Misaki and Tara all pulling in out of faction models there are also a very large number of possible combinations outcast players have to be aware of.

To get a schemer on the other side of the Board, use winged plague and reactivate it with a rat catcher. 6 walk first activation. 6 walk second activation and another free push thats a lot of distance.
Throw the "dont mind me"-upgrade of donkeyman onto A&S equipped with scramble and you have one of the best schemers in the game.
Donkeyman alone can solo claim jump...
Well and Outcast are killy.
Use Scout the field on flying or incorporeal models to charge through walls.
"finish the cur" from Schill can kill rats to make his crew immune against horror duels. Rats can be summoned easy through wretch.
Hire Lust into hamelin, double-defense-stance her and then let your rats hit her just alot of times for 0 damage to draw lots of cards xD

• Like 1

I think that if you're going to do a YouTube bit on it, you should focus on what the visual aspect brings that a podcast cannot.  Specifically, set the table, bring out the models, and walk through how the different 'tricks' play out for each master.  Show the Viks helicopter, the Rat engine at work, how to squeeze the extra utility out of Levi and A&D combo, why the emissary is one of the best scheme runners in faction, etc.  Focus on the ranges, distances, and required setups that are easy to see in a video and hard to communicate on a podcast.