Request from a first time game runner

[Spoilers for northern aggression act 1].                                        Okay, I'm currently running a game of TTB as you may have likely inquired, this my first time running any system and I would greatly appreciate any advice. I'm currently running the Fated through Northern Aggression and I was shocked when they tore through Gabriel Kantor (Like less than 1 round of combat). If you have any advice for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

9 minutes ago, EnternalVoid said:

First, I suggest editing your post to say possible Spoilers for Northern Aggression at the very beginning.  Just in case people have not played Northern Aggression so they don't walk into to much.  Second, how many players?  And how many of them are heavy combatants?

I've got a pacifistic grave robber, a German pioneer who has not attacked yet, an Irish drudge with a hammer for an arm (rail hammer stats) a dabbler who subscribes to the murmur magical theory and uses the electric immuto with elemental projectile, and a wastrel who is EXTREMELY lucky (severe critical on first shot ending the battle)

Our group generally only had 3 people so it was a bit different than 5 I imagine.  That said we took him down fast as well, but you will find most single targets can be burned down pretty fast by a group unless it is a tough cookie.  The fact that the enemy only has 2 AP and each player has their own small hand means they can burn some of their cards fairly safely.  It took us 2-3ish turns with one of our three people not attacking at all.  So I would label that a fight they should be able to handle fairly easy.

From looking at your group I am guessing that at least a couple decent in combat.  Our group only got so far but I would not worry to much about the first fight as really, they should win that one with out to much trouble in those sort of numbers.  I would just keep going for the moment and see what happens in the next fight and after that, if you are still concern you could do something like raise their level by 1, thus increasing their Df and AV a little, or give them +1 to toughness to up their wound count by 1.