A fiend wanted me to do a Zipp List

D_acolyte

Let me state that I am not a gremlin player and this is coming from another faction looking in.

A friend of mine that I played this weekend asked me to make a full 50 stone list for Zipp. Of which I have thought of 2, one of which is just rounding out another list I helped him with about 3 weeks ago where I left 15 points out of 50 off as play room. I will only be using models that have at least had prereleases, so no swine-cursed. Also most of the cost calculations are from memory, so I might be off by a stone or 2, so I am aiming for a full catch to cover some errors and I am sure you all will find any I make. Also can we post the cost of each model, I can not remember if Wyrd has a problem with that or not, I think not but I will be carful and add them later.

First one, a mobility and survival focus list which is for Claim Jump, Interference and scheming.

Zipp with No Quarter and Rambling Diatribe with a catch of 7.

Earl Burns

Rami with Hide in the Mud

Sparks with Hide in the Mud

Iron Skeeter with Poorly Handled Explosives

Iron Skeeter with Hovering Airship

2 Survivors

Rooster Rider

Model number: 9

In this list you devide your forces into multible 1 to 2 man teams and use the high mobility of the Iron Skeeter and push effects of Zipp to separate and claim what you need. Earl and Sparks can play supportive roles where one heals a construct and the other gives them fast. Rami is there to provide support sniping and shape how your enemies react. Survivors have great survivability for their points cost with even most 7 stone models needing 3 hits to kill them. The Rooster Rider is free to go reckless and act on his own, I could see replacing or using the Rooster Rider range model because you have so much blitzing down field already.

The next one focus on getting in there and killing key models.

Zipp with The Gift of Gab and Rambling Diatribe with a catch of 7

Burt Jebsen with Dirty Cheater

Francois LaCroix with Dirty Cheater

Bayou Gremlin

Merris LaCroix

Whiskey Golem with his new 0 stone upgrade

Model number: 8

This is a hard hitting list uses the Iron Skeeter as a taxi system to deliver Burt and Francois into their effective ranges for charging or shooting. The Whiskey Golem can keep up with this at a speed of 6 and nimble but with his new upgrade he can keep healing himself. Zipp can fly into the center and because of the Gift of Gab really cost your enemy there hands if they want to do prevention flips. Merris and the Bayou Gremlin can run schemes while your enemy is reacting to this new 4 man death team. The key is getting there about the same time to support each other and focusing on one or two important models, preferably ones which can use stones. When your enemy runs out of card you can have the run of them for the turn. I could also see taking making room for Trixiebelle or replacing the Whiskey Golem with Gracie. I am not as much a fan of this list as I feel other gremlin masters can do this beater.

In both list the Iron Skeeters start as a taxi system and then are free to do whatever you need if they live after dropping off there cargo.

If I where to fues the to I take the first one and try to make room for the Whiskey Golem and possibly Merris LaCroix but that would look something like this:

Zipp with No Quarter and Rambling Diatribe with a catch of 6.

Rami with Hide in the Mud

Sparks

Survivors

Whiskey Golem with his new 0 stone upgrade

Merris LaCroix

Model number: 8

Note a fast Whiskey Golem can be a thing, and it already has nimble.... Does this count as a third list, it is really just done on the fly lol.

Of the 3 lists you've got, I like the first. 
Because everything is so fast... you can quickly flank virtually anyone at any point of the game. Sniping to help dictate where the enemy moves to is fun, or pin them behind LOS blocking terrain because they are too afraid to step out..... at which point it's too late. 

There's gotta be a way to incorporate Mecha Porkchop with these lists (sparks loves him and his scrap markers), not because he's unbelievable or anything... I just think he looks awesome. 

Honestly a staple for me is....

Earl, Sparks, Rami + anything you'd love to make fast.

Your model count for a gremlin list seems relatively low, however, they are pretty hard hitting (which I'm not used to as a Gremlin player). I personally try to out activate my opponent. 

Also... I too want to see whiskey golem be.... "extra" fast.

1 hour ago, Full_Atomic said:

There's gotta be a way to incorporate Mecha Porkchop with these lists (sparks loves him and his scrap markers), not because he's unbelievable or anything... I just think he looks awesome. 

So what you can do is decide if you want 6 stone or to loose an upgrade on Sparks or Rami, I would go with 6 stones. Then you replace the Rooster Rider with the  Mecha Porkchop. I did not include the  Mecha Porkchop because then it puts a small constraint on the logistical freedom this crew has as you want to plan out where the Mecha Porkchop scrap marker, Spark and what Sparks want to give armor to is. This also means Sparks is not giving fast though I can see where opening up this option is good in an attrition game or more combat oriented one.

1 hour ago, Full_Atomic said:

Your model count for a gremlin list seems relatively low, however, they are pretty hard hitting (which I'm not used to as a Gremlin player). I personally try to out activate my opponent. 

Average where I play is 8 with some players like myself being normally at 7. I tend to like hard hitting models and models that add to my mobility so that where I go in building a list and also when I start to kill my enemy models.