A few pig questions

Killersox

Hey guys, I just started my pig crew up and I have a few questions. I'll keep this short and sweet.

With ulix and his bow, if I shoot a friendly pig (assuming old major is still alive) do I get to pick the initial charge target or does it have to be the closest model? So will I have to target a slop hauler or ulix if they are the closest? If I do have to charge them  and I am already engaged with them can I charge something else? Also if they are engaged with an enemy and I shoot them do I still get to charge or does nothing happen?

Sorry for the small wall of text but things start to get really confusing what rules start to over lap. If there is anything that is overly complicated can I please get a rulebook page number so I can show people. Thanks.

A Shot in the Rear doesn't say that it ignores any Charge restriction so you must be free and honor any other restrictions (such as Old Major making friendly Pigs illegal targets for a Charge. If you can't Charge for whatever reason, nothing happens. Note that you are never engaged with friendly models so can charge them even if in base to base contact with them.

The initial Charge doesn't need to be against the closest target (it says any legal target) but the subsequent charges do have that restriction.

Thanks for the reply. That's good to know that you cannot be engaged with friendly models. I wasn't sure how that worked. I'm not sure how I missed that I can charge anything with the first charge. So I just need to be careful with where I charge it. Thanks again. I'm sure I'll have more questions later.