Timing of abilities (again)

BaconMcSandwich

Question

I saw a couple of other posts but wanted to ask this question separately so as not to confuse the other posts.

the witching stalkers have an ability where by it causes burning if it inflicts damage. I've read though the general timing stuff on page 46 and the trigger reference on page 32 however I'm still not sure if when a witching hits and kills a model with its attack action if the target receives burning from its ability.

if it was a trigger then yes it would get burning, that's clear from page 32 because the trigger resolves before the model is removed. However this is a passive ability and I'm not 100% sure.

Obviously if you have Sonnia parked nearby with the resurrection upgrade it's quite important.

I would be tempted to assume that if I blow up and the 1 damage kills an opponent they get burning because I resolve the abilities together (pg 46) but I would welcome some clarification there.

1 answer to this question