Does any part of malifaux look like the traditional old west?

TheLostOne

Like my title asks, does any part of malifaux look like the old west you see in the movies, with wood plank walk ways, dirt roads and wood buildings? I only recently started with malifaux and the terraclips streets of malifaux is the only visual representation of malifaux that I have seen, but when a friend of mine was explaining the game to me he described it as a steam punk wild west setting.

Ive got another question for you guys, I like to base my models to match the area they would be found in, I read the description for the guild and it sounds like they are right next to the breach and since the city is all cobblestones and what not, I assume that the victorian bases would be most accurate. Im also building a pandora crew, it has baby cade,candy, teddy and a bunch of woes. Where do baby cade and candy live when they are not killing? do they live in the orphanage?

Ive got another question for you guys, I like to base my models to match the area they would be found in, I read the description for the guild and it sounds like they are right next to the breach and since the city is all cobblestones and what not, I assume that the victorian bases would be most accurate. Im also building a pandora crew, it has baby cade,candy, teddy and a bunch of woes. Where do baby cade and candy live when they are not killing? do they live in the orphanage?

I think it would often depend on what Guild crew one is contemplating regarding there most likely environment. While I would agree that Guild Master such as Lucius or Hoffman (and even McMourning run as guild) might more often than be found in the more urban parts of Malifaux, the Ortegas are based far outside of town in their family compound (closer to Neverborn hunting grounds) and Justice and Sonnia could likely be either, in the city ferreting out nests of Ressers or out in the wastelands hunting rogue Arcanists, or vice versa depending where there victims happen to be hiding that particular day. I would recommend just picking a base type and sticking with it if you are looking for consistency (ie, if you always play are Terrclips city terrain, always use cobblestones for evrey model reagrdless), or simply base each miniature in a way that it looks best for that particular miniature. With so many dual factions and Infiltration, or other hiring exceptions, you are likely going to run it to mix of bases styles in a single crew eventually if you are going by theme.