Hopping back in

Happypanda

So I originally bought in when Malifaux was first released way back when. I had put the game aside as I found I didn't really like how it was balanced but I keep hearing some good things about the new edition coming out. Additionally I moved to a new area and it seems as if most people have multiple game systems on them at the store and I don't want to wait around for too long to get games in so having a War,aching/hordes army, Infinity army and a Malifaux crew handy at all times should make this easier.

Anyway, I've got the Ramos starter with a few extra spiders, Collette's box, Joss, Arcanist Gunslinger and a soul stone miner. Suggestions on items to add in to those?

Ramos and Joss certainly play well together, but some of your models will not be available in M2E until the second wave release (if you are going to keep playing 1.5 even after this month it may not be an issue), specifically Colette's entire crew and the Soulstone Miner. As far as the "Arcanist Gunslinger", you probably mean either the "Convict Gunslinger," an Outcast merc model which is wave 1, or the "Gunsmith," a Arcanist model that came in the Kaeris box set (or in the blister) which is not going to be payable until wave 2.

As you likely know Malifaux Second Edition comes out at GenCon this month with the wave one models, and the bets for wave two is supposed to start in late September or October. Who you want to take will depend on which version you and your group will be playing. Are you leaning towards 2.0, or do you plan to stick with 1.5?