First Game Questions

dedonta

OK folks...played my first game with another new Malifaux player (we were sorting things out together)...played 1.5. I'm sure I'll have plenty more questions in the coming days, but the first that comes to mind is Scrap Counters. I played Colladi, but have no idea what scrap is used for. Can someone help? Also, do masters come with a set number of soulstones they get even if they have spent all 25 points on their crew? Thanks in advance folks...and sorry for the 1.5 questions, but that is what we picked up at the store, so we are using it lol.

A construct drops a scrap marker when it dies. Check out Collodi's ability called Puppet Tools and you'll see he can create new Marionettes from the scrap. He can do this using scrap from enemy constructs too. Watch out though, because Marionettes are Rare 4 you can't summon a 5th. Good for replenishing losses though.

Masters in 1st edition get a "cache" of soulstones, the number at the top right of their card. This number of soulstones is added to their soulstone pool at the start of the game. Example: Perdita hires 22ss of Minions in a 25ss game. She has 3ss unspent, plus a cache of 2,so she starts the game with 5ss.

Henchmen (including Coloddi) are a little bit different. They add their Henchman number (I think Coloddi is 7?) to the max game size and then hire a crew. Any unspent SS go into their soulstone pool. Eg. Coloddi can hire 32ss worth of models in a 25ss game (25+7). However, he can't keep more soulstones in his pool than his Henchman number, so his max pool is 7 instead of the usual 8.

Hope this helps!

I believe Collodi uses scrap for creating marionettes. 2 action called doll tools I think.

The soul stone cache on the card he gets plus any you don't spend from your crew. (Again I believe collodi's is 7 ) This is the number listed after the characteristic "Henchman"

Hope that helps a little.