Toki's Ten Thunders crew (or help I need to improve my painting)

Toki

Hello

I've been painting a few years and have reach point where I need help and pointers to improve my work

so I am going to start with my new Ten Thunders crew

I will post pics as I go

please comment and make suggestions on how I can make them better

I will start with Shang (the first fire model I've ever painted)

(sorry if images are a bit rubbish I'm still trying to work out how these complicator pictures things work)

post-12932-13911929690761_thumb.jpg

post-12932-1391192969118_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toki
removing additional images at bottom of post

Wow nice model really like the base! Now i'm no painting expect by any stretch of the imagination and fire can be very tricky to paint if you don't know how or its your first time but you are certainly going the right way about painting fire using negative highlights.

My one critique would be that maybe you over did the black a bit much and to me it comes across as more embering than scorching flame but maybe that was the effect you were going for. Anyway its still an awesome paint job and way better then my first attempt at painting fire ( I used way too much red and the fire looked like it was hemorrhaging :1_Happy_Puppet2: )

Edit: how did you upload the pics ? like did you take them straight from your computer or did you upload them to some website like Photobucket first and copy their url address from there?

Edited by Collodi_puppet

Thanks

Images are a straight upload

I've tried deleting second set from post but that just moved them about in post

As I have said I am not good with computers so will always default to simplest option

Well I'm not really sure what the problem is with the images but I tried to upload one of mine directly from the computer and it went the same way as yours. Now I believe it might have something to do with managing attachments but I'm not sure nor am I sure how to fix it. Sorry I can't be more helpful but hopefully someone who understands computers will be able to lend you some assistance.

The delete attachments bit is in your control panel somewhere I believe, it lists all the files you've put up and you can remove them individually.

Personally I use photobucket as I find it easier, what with having threads on multiple forums.

Shang looks good, really dark and oily flames. I think the thing to do next is work with thinner paints and more layers, to get your transitions smoother.

Chronicles volume 6 has a painting article that covers working up the painting 'difficulty' scale (wrong word really, its just about practice and time). I feel cheap and egotistical saying that, but it's the same advice I'd give you on here!

Edit: yep, go to settings at the top of the page, then on the left had bar, right at the bottom, is attachments.