Zoraida's Swampfiends and other crews

After a year of joining the forum I've decided I to become an actual active member of the community and I thought what better place to start than showing you a few pics of my old hag and her minions. Just bare in mind photo's may not be of the best quality.

First off the Hag herself!. Now I can take no credit for this awesome mini she is actually a commission I ordered off of a painting company called painting possum and they did a fabulous job I think. She is actually based off of a character from my favorite video game series.

Zoraida The Hag

America051.jpg

America050.jpg

This is Wyrds original Zoraida which I painted myself and felt obliged to cover up her sagging bits .... besides the sweet old dear might catch cold and we wouldn't want that. I tend to use this one as a Doppleganger proxy.

Zoraida (original sculpt)

America062.jpg

America063.jpg

Bad Juju

America060.jpg

America061.jpg

America055.jpg

America056.jpg

Silurids

America057.jpg

America058.jpg

America059.jpg

Wicked Dolls

America064.jpg

America065.jpg

America077.jpg

Voodoo Doll (Proxy)

America069.jpg

America070.jpg

Stitched together

America066.jpg

America068.jpg

America067.jpg

Anyway thats it for now I hope to add a few more like My Collodi, Avatar Zoraida and a group shot of the crew. Also I'm currently working on a Seamus Crew and hope to have a few pics of that when I'm done.

So till next time thanks for taking a look :D

Well I really wish I could take credit for the mini but neither my painting nor my sculpting skills are up to that standard, but with a lot of practice some day I might get there. They used the dark elf from Avatars of War as the base for the mini.

avatars-of-war-dark-elf-queen-kit.jpg

Well I didn't actually start out with an Idea of how I was gonna paint most of them, except for the Silurids I knew how I wanted them to come out. I wanted some colour theme going though all of them but I didn't want them to be too uniformed so I judt decided to stick to dark colours and take it from there, I'm pretty pleased with how they came out.

Now here is the pic (not great quality took them on my phone) of Zoraida's Hut that my friend and I built. It was originally goning to have mechanical Chicken legs but when I read the fluff from twisting fates, I discovered she didn't actually have a chicken legged cottage we decided to leave them off.

2013-04-25194655.jpg

2013-04-25194719.jpg

2013-04-25194655.jpg

I'll try and take better pics of it sometime for any of you who are interested in seeing more of it :1_Happy_Puppet2:

Oh I'm liking what you did with the avatar. The fact that the way that the avatar manifests could he.likened to the parasitic relationship between Flemeth and Morrigan just makes it all the cooler.

Very nice work with Collodi, good job blending all the folds in his tunic.

You Big Ned deserve some thanks for being the first person to notice that!!

It was aZoraida that inspired the whole theme for the crew, whom I had for months and I just couldn't figure out what to do with them looked at her and Knew I wanted to do something different but couldn't figure out what.

Then I avatar Z and thought; She looks like another Swamp witch I know wouldn't it be cool if old Z resembled Flemeth and Avatar Z resembled Morrigan ..... and Now if have a Crew of Swampfiends (and a few puppets).

America078.jpg

America080.jpg

America081.jpg

America082.jpg