Nightmare Teddy

Wurmwood

I finally got around to painting up my Nightmare Teddy. I thought he was done until I realized that when I matte-coated the base I did it too thick and all the stones turned to a grey mess. So, I washed them black and will repaint them tomorrow, but I figured I'd go ahead and post him.

I did a slight conversion on him - I wanted him to be carrying a couple of large soulstones on a chain. I attempted some object source lighting on the eyes, stones and the street lamp behind him. Scultped the cobblestone base similar to what I did with my Collodi (http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?24992-Collodi-WIP) and Wicked Dolls (http://www.wyrd-games.net/showthread.php?25570-quot-Puppet-Wars-quot-Wicked-Dolls-for-Collodi) - I plan on him joining their crew along with another Teddy I'm converting (putting the alternate NM Teddy head on a regular Teddy) either with the Weaver Widow or without her in 2.0 if Collodi's hiring restrictions are eased up some as a Master.

Anyway:

post-7955-1391192951567_thumb.jpg

post-7955-13911929514407_thumb.jpg

post-7955-1391192951508_thumb.jpg

This is a fantastic model and you did the sculpt justice :)

Only critique asides from the base as mentioned is the light from the lamp behind teddy could be made a bit brighter in the centre to match the osl on his back. Only very minor point.

The colours are really nicely done giving teddy an almost monochrome feel with a few splashes of colour. The osl green on his face and body is in my opinion perfect :)

Well done!