so, a few more newbie questions.

Jockjay

hey gang, just a couple of quick ones after my first game:

With Jakob lynch's crew, does brilliance last for the encounter or just until the closing phase?

do totems die after the master dies (this game went very well for me obviously :()

do you only get one chance at cheating fate? as in 'i cheat for 11' my oppnent 'flips-cheats to 12'- can i then cheat again? or just use SS?

oh and i cant seem to find teh rules for 'reckless' anywhere?

Any help greatly appreciated guys!

JJ

Every effect lasts until the closing phase unless it specifically says otherwise. I believe that some of his Brilliance can last for the game, but most expires at the end of the turn.

Totems are removed from play when the Master dies, they don't actually "die" themselves.

You can only cheat once. If your opponent cheats after you (because you had to cheat first), there is nothing you can do. Keep in mind that using a SS happens after you cheat but before your opponent would.

Reckless should be on the card of the model that has it?

If I remember right the hungering darkness can give something permenent brilliance on a trigger and if a beckoner is close enough to a model at the end of the round brilliance doesn't end. In most cases brilliance (and anything else that doesn't specify when it will end) will end in the resolve effects stage at the end of the round.

With cheating remember this order and it should help

For attacks:

1. Whoever loses the starting duel cheats first (except Jacob Lynch) Starting with playing cards from your hand and then may use a soulstone if they have use soulstone. At this time the "loser's" final total is determined.

Note: you must cheat from hand before using soulstone if you want to do both.

2. The winner of the duel may cheat first from their hand and then may use a soulstone if they have use soulstone. At this point the "winner's" final total is determined and you move on to a damage flip.

For casting:

1. Whoever is casting the spell needs to do all cheating before the defender flips a single card. At this time the final casting total is determined.

2. The resisting model flips and may cheat.

About Reckless

Reckless is an ability mostly gremlins have which allows them to take a wound to themselves to gain fast (this can only be done once per activation and can't be performed if it would kill the model) Basically this gives them one extra general AP any round they wish to sacrifice a wound to get it.

Welcome to Malifaux and happy gaming!

Edited by Enki

"Note: you must cheat from hand before using soulstone if you want to do both."

Clarification: You do not have to cheat a card from your hand before using a Soul Stone if you are only using a SS. If you are using both, then yes you must use the card before the stone.