Achievement/escalation league starting in York on Feb 27th

Guild Monkee

I'll be running a league at York Garrison starting on Feb 27th and running for 6 weeks. The format of the league is a slightly odd one in that it is an achievement based league with elements of escalation. The idea is that it will be that players will 'level up' each week and unlock a new list of possible achievements. The rules pack isn't online yet as my broadband is currently broken (hopefully I'll be able to get it up tomorrow) but all you'll need to know for week 1 is that crew selection is limited to a starter box (plus totem if they're not included).

Cost is £3 per player with 100% going into the prize pot.

This will be a beginner friendly event so please feel free to pop along if you're new to the game.

Further details can be found on the York Garrison forum (http://yorkgarrison.co.uk/index.php/forum7?view=topic&catid=38&id=8702&start=6#8763).

Here's the provisional list of achievements, the later weeks are likely to change when I have more time to look at them.

Unlimited Achievements

Joining in: Play a game. (2 points)

Ruining hobbies: Win a game. (1 point)

Who are you?: Play against a new opponent. (2 points)

Slave trade: Play with a new master. (2 points)

Assassination: Kill the opposing master. (1 point)

General Achievements

Putting it about: Play against 3 different opponents. (5 points)

The Hobbyist: Play a game of at least 35SS using only fully painted and based models. (5 points)

The Fellowship of the Brush: Use 10 different painted models during the league. (5 points)

Return of the Paint: Use 5 painted models that were unpainted at the start of the league. (5 points)

Poundland gaming: Play a game using no minion worth more than 5 SS. (2 points)

Only the best: Play a game using no minion worth less than 6 SS. (2 points)

Everybody is special: Use 5 or more Unique minions over the course of the league. (1 point)

“Go to bed without your tea!”: Prevent your opponent getting any VPs. (2 points)

One hand tied: Win without using any soulstones. (5 points)

High scorer: Score 8 vp. (1 point)

All or nothing: Table your opponent without losing a model. (5 points)

Size doesn’t matter: Kill 3 enemy models with your totem over the course of the league. (5 points)

I pity the fool: Kill the enemy master with a totem, using either a melee strike or melee spell. (10 points)

"Et Tu Brute": Have an enemy minion kill the enemy master. (10 points)

Up close and personal: Win a game without using any ranged attacks or spells. (5 points)

I’ll try anything: Use all of the general schemes. (5 points)

I’m just that good: Win a game by 4 VP of more. (1 point)

If you want a job doing right: Kill the opposing master with your master. (2 points)

We’re alive!: End the game without the opponent killing any of your models. (5 points)

Making friends: End the game with more models than you started with. (5 points)

Wouldn’t have managed it anyway: Give up a scheme to claim 2 soulstones. (1 point)

The OJ Initiative: Complete Frame for Murder after announcing it. (2 points)

Energiser bunny: Play at least 1 game against a league member every week the league is running. (5 points)

“Missed it by THAT much!”: Lose a game that ends with a VP difference of 1. (2 points)

The Mickleburgh Effect: If your opponent is using Neverborn, after deployment and schemes have been announced, flip a card. If this card is a mask, swap table sides with your opponent and use their crew/schemes. If the opposing master is Lilith, this flip receives a +. Points are only applied if the crew swap occurs. (-5 points)

Week 1 Specific Achievements

It’s good to share: Play a shared strategy. (1 point)

Attack of the clones: Never use a unique minion. (2 points)

Tree hugger: Play a game with special terrain or a special event. (1 point)

Honestly, you only need a few models: Use only the contents of a crew starter box in a game. (1 point)

Super scheming: Play your master's unique scheme. (1 point)

Blaze of glory: Win a game and have a single model left alive. (2 points)

Where’d you go?: End the game with the opponent having no models remaining on the board. (2 points)

Week 2 Specific Achievements

Confident player: Allow your opponent to select one of your schemes. (2 points)

Mollyfaux: Kill the Enemy Master by the end of Turn 2. (2 points)

Week 3 Specific Achievements

Keeping it real: If a unique minion dies in game flip a card if it’s a black joker, you can’t use them for the remainder of the league Must announce this before playing 1st league game in week 3* (2 points)

Keeping it real (extreme edition): If a unique minion or master dies in game flip a card if it’s a black joker you can’t use them again this league Must announce this before playing 1st league game in week 3* (5 points)

Keeping it real (idiot edition): If a unique minion or master dies in game don’t use them again this league Must announce this before playing 1st league game in week 3, no card flip required - dead means dead. (10 points)

Week 4 Specific Achievements

Billy no mates: Play a zero soulstone scrap. (1 point)

I’m just that good: Win a 0 soulstone scrap without using any soulstones. (10 points)

Week 5 Specific Achievements

Aidan’s mum: Play a game of Hardcore. (1 point)

3 days until retirement: Kill an enemy model with your last activation of the game. (2 points)

Week 6 Specific Achievements

Elland Road style: Play a brawl (this can include a doubles game). (1 point)

I thought this film was supposed to be good?: Successfully manifest an avatar. (1 point).

Attention to detail: Use homemade counters/markers during a game. (2 points)

Maybe I should go back to Warhammer: Take 10 or more models in a single game. (2 points)

I can see my house from here: Donate at least 3 Malifaux appropriate bits of scenery to the club. (5 point)

Looks good. Think ill be taking the keeping it real idiot edition seeing as how i have enough crews now. Damn you and being such a good henchman ;)

Are we restricted to a faction for the duration? Also are games only counted on garrison nights? Also by playing a new opponent is that a new player during the league? As im sure we have all played each other by this stage with the exception of carl?

Are you going to be posting a league tabel? If you want i can do that on here if i can get a copy of the scores?