Bruglyother's latest works

Bruglyother

Well, as the blogs are sadly still down, I guess I'll post my new images here. At least until I get around to setting up a new blog somewhere.

I've managed to finish up my Guild hounds.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10756&d=1358260314

I'm quite happy with how they came out on the whole. I wish I had shuffled the colors a bit. The same heads having similar colors was not thought out in advance. The patched dog didn't come out as well as I had hoped, but well enough that I decided not to go back.

Seamus and Sybelle are finally done as well. The big hold up on Seamus was the poster.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10754&d=1358260280attachment.php?attachmentid=10755&d=1358260290attachment.php?attachmentid=10757&d=1358260325attachment.php?attachmentid=10753&d=1358260271

I noticed the nick on Semaus's nose after I took this shot. It's been fixed, but I'm too lazy to re shoot the photo. I am really happy with how the stone work came out.

The current projects are a Latigo Pistolero, and a Desperate Mercenary conversion.

attachment.php?attachmentid=10760&d=1358260345attachment.php?attachmentid=10758&d=1358260333

That is just the base for the pistolero. The model itself has very little work done. The Merc is a combination of ideas. The figure is a pistolero I got as a misculpt. Wyrd was great in replacing it, but I still had the missculpt. So, I carved off the hat, replaced it with green stuff hair, covered or carved the mis sculpt parts, and strapped him to an altar. He's now a sacrifical merc for my neverborn and ressers. Can't take credit for that idea either. Saint Norton got it started in the local area, and this will actually be the third one one of us has made.

Once I finish these two, it's on to some Oiran I got for the holidays, and then I have a bunch of nephilim coming. It seems like every time I get close to catching up on my malifaux painting, some more models appear in my collection. Strange how that keeps happening.

Well done. I reall like the wanted poster on the wall. A little detail like that helps make the world he's standing in more believable, and often goes overlooked, even by me.

My only critisism (if I may be so bold) is that the brown look on Seamus makes him blend into the wall in the background. It makes it a bit "monotone". I would have prefered more color distinction to make it "pop". But that's just my personal prference.

I get what you are saying, and normally I even agree. For some reason I wanted to go with muted tones for him. The bits of color "pop" better in person than they do in the picture. I think part of it is that I have seen so many Seamuses (Seamusi?) painted in bright colors that I just wanted to do something different. It also worked for me as I don't see Seamus wanting to draw a lot of attention to himself while stalking his prey.