Clarification on "in the thick of it"

Droachmega

Question

With Lucas's "in the thick of it" buff I am reading it as once your engaged with more than one enemy in melee you gain +1 Df for every model engaged with you. The discrepancy with the player in last nights games was that he thought the first enemy engaged with Lucas does not count towards the + Df. For those who do not have his card I will write out the wording: This model receives +1 Df per enemy model engaged with it after the first, up to +3 Df.

3 answers to this question

With Lucas's "in the thick of it" buff I am reading it as once your engaged with more than one enemy in melee you gain +1 Df for every model engaged with you. The discrepancy with the player in last nights games was that he thought the first enemy engaged with Lucas does not count towards the + Df. For those who do not have his card I will write out the wording: This model receives +1 Df per enemy model engaged with it after the first, up to +3 Df.

Your player was correct. The first enemy engaged with you grants no benefit, and you get +1 Df for every additional enemy engaged with you after the first.