Northern VA - Boom-Shakalaka Tournament 11/10/2012

Nayte

Malifaux Boom-Shakalaka Tournament

Date: Saturday November 10th, 2012

Location: Victory Comics - 586 South Washington Street Falls Church, VA 22046 - Phone Number: 703-241-9393

Time: Registration begins at 11:00am, pairing starts at 11:45am with games beginning at Noon.

Entry Fee: $5.00

Painting Requirement: Models do not need to be painted, but the models must be based.

Proxy Rules: Allowed with approval(See addition rules section).

Tournament Format: Gaining Grounds Domination(More details below).

Time Limit: 90 minutes

Soulstones: 30ss

Faction Restriction: Fixed Faction

Deployment: Standard

Schemes: Schemes are unique in this tournament. You may only use each scheme once throughout the tournament.

Strategies: Fixed Shared Strategies

• Round 1: Shared Destroy the Evidence
  • Round 2: Shared Slaughter
  • Round 3: Shared Deliver a Message

Painting Contest:

I will be doing another painting contest! During the halfway mark of the tournament I will call everyone up to the front and ask for models. These models must be Malifaux models and they cannot be models you've submitted in the past. I will be judging models based on color scheme, creativity, and overall quality. First place in this contest will be able to pick an item out of the prize box!

Prizes:

• 1st place: 75% of the entry fee in store credit and an item of their choosing out of my prize box.
  • 2nd place: 25% of the entry fee in store credit.
  • Painting contest 1st place: Item of their choosing out of the prize box AFTER 1st place has claimed their item.

Additional Rules:

Ringer: I will not be participating in this event. However, if someone decides to drop out of the tournament or if there is an odd number of players, I will fill in as a ringer in their place.

Proxy Rules: Due to the new book, proxy models may be used if the following criteria is met:

1. The model is not currently released to the public.
  2. It must be a model placed on the proper base size, and cannot be another model currently released(You can't use a Canine remains model to represent Luna for example. It must be a model outside of the Malifaux universe).
  3. You must have a stat card for the model. It can be made by taking the stats from Storm of Shadows and importing them into EXCEL or WORD. The Storm of Shadows book cannot be used during the tournament for your proxy models(It takes up a lot of precious table room).
  4. This card must be approved by me. I don't think anyone would cheat, but I need to take necessary measures to make sure everyone has a positive playing experience. I will write my initials on your card to show it's validity.

------------------------------------------------------------

Gaining Grounds Domination Format: Tournament Points, Total Victory Points, Victory Point Differential

At the end of each Encounter, players count the VPs they earned that round. The player that earned more VPs than his or her opponent wins the game, and the opponent loses the game. When each player earns the same VPs, the game is a Draw.

Victory Points [VP]: The amount of points each player earned. Example: Josh and Emma played a game, and Josh scored 6 VP while Emma scored 4 VP.

Tournament Points [TP]:A Win awards 3 TP to the winner, a Draw awards 1 TP to each player, and a Loss awards 0 TP to the defeated player. Example: Using the example above, Josh receives 3 TP, while Emma receives 0 TP.

Victory Point Differential [DIFF]: Note the difference between the players VP at the end of the Encounter. The player with the higher VP score receives DIFF equal to the positive amount of that difference, while the player with the lower VP score receives DIFF equal to the negative amount of that difference. Example: Using the example above, Josh receives +2 DIFF, while Emma receives -2 DIFF.

Combining the above statistics, at the end of round one, Josh has a score of 6VP/3TP/+2DIFF while Emma has a score of 4VP/0TP/-2DIFF.

-----------------------------------------------------------------