An Aversion To High SS Models?

D-A-C

Higher SS models can be tricky. With Dead Rider running 11SS* he is a significant chunk of your force but let's look at what he brings:

3" Melee

Movement manipulation with drag along (Friendly or enemy)

Damn near invulnerability (Armor 2, HTW2, Regen 1 & his adjust purpose.

High Damage output (3/4/6)? With Cb 6.

One of my favorite tricks is to Drag Along an enemy model that has already activated & put it in base with me next to GS, then channel dissection on it next activation. Or to drag up McM 1st turn (McM will heal by killing a dog on his activation).

To me his toolbox is too good not to take in many scenarios. That said I won't take him against Colette or Levi as they get around his durability.

Other High SS models aren't as good imo. I'm not a huge fan of Molly. I see where she can be good but it's not my style. Rogue necromancy should only ever be summoned in, same with flesh construct. With the new ancestors I haven't had ample time to try them out but each brings something unique with them to be worth their cost.

*Dead Rider + Grave Spirit = 11. I never run DR without the little guy for the armor.

Thanks for all the responses so far guys. I'm glad to read that I am not the only one who tends to avoid sinking 8-10ss on a model in low ss games.

In saying that, I can actually appreciate the sentiment, that for Seamus in particular, a high ss model like the Dead Rider that brinks toughness and damage potential to the table (especially when linked with Gave Spirit) can still be a good investment in small games due to the sheer amount of focus he will take away from Seamus and his Belles.

I didnt used to think I had an aversion until I tried to win with a Leveticus Rider crew and only 35 SS ... yah I know that feel bro :1_Exhausted_Puppet:

So nope dont think you're wrong in feeling that way.

Regarding ressers , I play Kirai and she's the original girl who knows how to shop and loves her bargains(summoning and activations!). The most expensive thing she would start with that wasn't summoned would have been Datsueba. I would totally feel inefficient if I actually started the game with a Shikome,say. I even managed to resist the urge for Jack Daw and Dead Rider for awhile!

But then this guy named Izamu happened...

Edited by Bazooka