Irreparable Game State

HopelessHeretic

Question

OK, so this isn't a hard rules question, but since the section of the forum is titled Rules Discussion I thought this would be a good place for it.

What do you do when you come across irreparable game state?

So this is when something has happened in the game that you can't just undo. This ranges from flipping over too many cards, ie thinking you have a negative twist when you are straight up, all the way to all the damage marks get erased and you cannot remember how much damage was on every character.

What do you do?

If the game is casual or in a tourney effect how you deal with it?

What would you do in this situation if it is your fault/your opponents fault/you are judging the event?

3 answers to this question

OK, so this isn't a hard rules question, but since the section of the forum is titled Rules Discussion I thought this would be a good place for it.

So this is when something has happened in the game that you can't just undo. This ranges from flipping over too many cards, ie thinking you have a negative twist when you are straight up, all the way to all the damage marks get erased and you cannot remember how much damage was on every character.

What do you do?

What would you do in this situation if it is your fault/your opponents fault/you are judging the event?

Gentleman's agreement is usually to leave it as is, if the problem is that you flipped one too many or not enough. If the problem is that you have forgotten an ability it is usually based on what your opponent decides. At least this has been my experience with this sort of situation.

What do you do?

During casual, usually you do the effect of least consequence. With the negative twists when you are actually even, you just put the extra card back and reshuffle (unless the opponent stacked it a certain way as in Zorida).

During a tournament, if the problem cannot be resolved in way both players can go along with, the tourney organizer should be notified but usually a solution can be figured out as being the most obvious.

edit: If you forgot to do a trigger, then that is on you. I've gotten better at making sure I am triggering anything before I proceed to damage.

Edited by Sarsnick