Trying an unusual Kirai list. Suggestions appreciated.

Soseito

Most of the Kirai lists I've looked at describe taking five Seishins and a few of the usual spirits, canine remains, or desperate mercs. I was looking through the crew creator list and noticed she could take Nix and Hamelin.

I now want to make a list containing Hamelin and Nix. What else do you think I should take? I want to stay away from the 5 Seishin list if at all possible.

The main problem with deviating from the 5 seishin kirai list is that Kirai needs the seishin to function. Without the seishin you are effectively relying on getting enough kills to generate all the seishin you need for her without ever relying on kirai herself to procure your kills.

Without a solid seishin shield kirai wont be going anywhere in case she is sniped and similarly she is unlikely to summon many other models. At 10SS's the 5 seishin are hardly expensive so there really is next to no reason to not take them.

To compare to other masters it would be similar to take Colette without any showgirls, Dreamer without any nightmares etc. What you take other than your couple of seishin can actually vary a lot but you really aren't likely to win many games without a few of the little guys.

If you are set on a non seishin heavy list though I'd recommend something like 2-3seishin (just so she does have a little bit of shields) hamelin, nix and then either a desperate merc (similar role to seishin) or jack daw. If you go for the merc you might want to try taking an alp to try getting some sort of production system going.

I was planning on taking between two to three Seishin just to be certain she wouldn't be severely weakened.

I was thinking about taking a rat (Due to Hamelin's ability that lets his master hire any height 1 model) but I have one concern. Non-spirit models hired by Kirai gain Rare 1.

Wouldn't that render Nix's severe damage trigger useless if I already have a rat on the field? The same thing would apply to the Alp's Never wake up ability.

Edit: I don't care much about winning this is just to be played as a fun list.

Yeah I'd forgotten about the rare 1 restriction.

I understand it is a fun list you are after but for a list to be fun it does still need to be playable. Kirai's abilities are relatively useless without any spirits to sacrifice to them. For fun low seishin Kirai I'd recommend about 2-3 seishin then take healing flip spirits like datsue-ba, whatever agressive models take your fancy, and avatar kirai. Ignore Kirai's summon spam potential and just go for the fast manifest using 'In the Spirit World' turn 1 and 2, and sacrificing Ikiryo to attempt multiple activations on it if need be. Manifest turn 3 and then play the list super aggressively from there out.

I think I'll play a few games with some. I already have the carrion effigy so I may use it for a bit. I'm thinking about having nix chew on the seishin for a bit to spew rats. Are there any models hireable that can give nix :+fate or :crows to his attacks?

I don't want to cheat several times if I don't have to.