Queen City Conquest (Buffalo NY gaming convention)

Dorian

Hey all,

The Buffalo Gamers Society out of Buffalo, NY (Also known as southern Canada) is hosting their first ever convention at the Buffalo Niagara Convention Center. Throughtout the entire con I will be running Demo games of Malifaux (Possibly puppet wars depending if I can get a set and learn the rules) as well as having an open achievement event. This way new players can stop by whenever they have time and veterans are free to explore the rest of the con without a time block commitment.

Rules for the achievements will be posted when finalized but as you play games you accumulate points & every X points you will get a ticket entry into the prize drawing. Players who play their first demo game at the con will earn raffle entries at double the rate of veteran players. I.E. if you get one ticket for every 10 points new players get one ticket for every 5. This is done to encourage new players to try different things & help even the odds of winning.

I'm looking forward to this being a success not only for Malifaux and Wyrd but for the convention as a whole. It would be nice to see a major convention less than 6 hours away from Rochester.

I will keep this updated with news as it becomes available.

• 3 weeks later...

So here's a quick update:

I have the achievements almost finalized.

Con entry badges are $10 and are good for the whole weekend.

No paint requirement.

No size requirement, play games as big or small as you want.

Achievements should be up by the end of the week, I apologize for the wait but it's college move-in time.