Shrug off question

Takih9

Question

8 answers to this question

You can shrug off any effects and any tokens like Blight, Poison, or Burning.

From the FAQ:

Q: Can you clarify what an effect is?

A:An effect meets all of the following criteria:

It is generated during an Encounter

It sits 'on' a model

Paralyzed sits on the model which is Paralyzed.

Conduit sits on the Voodoo Doll.

Nurse's Massive Dose sits on the target of the Spell.

Has a defined end time

Excessive Bleeding lasts until the end of the Encounter.

Wild Heart lasts until the end of the Turn.

Damage Effects end once the damage has been applied and you have started Damage Resolution.

Depends if the effect is immediate or ongoing. The definition is in the Rules Manual.

An immediate effect may permanently modify your stats, but it is instantaneous and afterwards there is nothing left to shrug off on the model, so you cannot undo the effect.

An ongoing effect affects the model only as long as it lasts and shrug off can remove it prematurely.

I'm not sure how the Stolens' ability works exactly, but if it is an ongoing effect then you definitely can remove it. If it is one-off modification to your Wp that is permanent (the way Drain Souls would lower your crew's Wp for example), then you cannot shrug it off, I think.

You can shrug off Rabies.

Also, there's no such thing as an immediate effect that permanently alters stats, as far as I know (save for wounds suffered, but that not an effect). If it reduces Wp by 2 it's an effect on the model (pretty much regardless of where it came from or how long it lasts) and that effect can be removed.

The Wp penalty from Darin Souls is something else entirely, it's an effect on your crew and not on any single model.

You can shrug off Rabies.

Also, there's no such thing as an immediate effect that permanently alters stats, as far as I know (save for wounds suffered, but that not an effect). If it reduces Wp by 2 it's an effect on the model (pretty much regardless of where it came from or how long it lasts) and that effect can be removed.

The Wp penalty from Darin Souls is something else entirely, it's an effect on your crew and not on any single model.

Yeah, this is what I thought. I didn't think Q'iq'el was correct.