TMOTHWTP

Question

I'm mainly asking this question in reference to Cassie's Celebrity ability. Since on the card it says she can only be targeted by ranged strikes and spells I think it means that if shes going to be targeted by a spell it has to be ranged. As opposed to if it said or in which case any spell attack be it mele or otherwise would be fine. Does anyone know wyrd's ruling on this? Please help and much appreciated.

5 answers to this question

The card says range strikes and spell attacks

Page 50 of the RM under Spell Basics states that a model casting a spell with a melee or gun icon in its Rg, or one that requires a Resist Duel, is casting an attack spell.

Besides melee strikes she also may not be targeted by abilities such as the stiched together's gamble your life or Pandora'a Pacify while under the celebrity effect.

Evidently, Cassandra while under the influence of Celebrity cannot be targeted by a spell that does not require a resist duel as well as the above mentioned.

So spells such as Gremlin's Luck, which is a spell that targets but does not require a resist duel could not target Cassandra while she is under the effect of Celebrity.

Edited by sharpobjects

Ok, I understand that she may be targeted by any spell (although I think it makes sense that she should only be able to be targeted by ranged spells, oooh your a celebrity so i will hesitate before i stab you with my sword but i have no hesitation is casting this really nasty spell on you) and I understand that she can't be targeted by abilities (because it isn't a ranged attack or spell)

But why can't she be targeted by spells that don't require a resist, it's still a spell with a target and there is nothing in the wording to say she can't be targeted by this.