Hello fellow guild players, random musing's from a new player (Perdita)

nurglez

Hello, I have only had about 8-10 games with perdita, and maybe 15 games total of Malifaux, so I am still learning, having played warhammer 40k for the last 15 years it's hard to unlearn things, but Malifaux is awesome so I'm giving it a go :D

I started off with the dreamer, as I loved the look of lord chompy bits. However with our gaming group being malifaux noob's, LCB seemed a bit over powered, so I picked up Perdita, as she looked cool too. My gaming group is for fun, and I am the more competitive among them, but I want to try and play less competitively.

My regular opponent (Commander Sasha on here) and I are playing at 35ss, as it seems a good amount of figures and not letting us take everything we have makes us think about our choice, he plays lillith, one friend has Lady J, and another friend has collette and Viktoria's.

I currently have the Perdita starter box, enslaved nephelim, Abuela, executioner, sue and the avatar of revelation (still in pieces and no intention of using it until I have another 5-10 games under my belt).

I'm currently awaiting Ryle ("S.T.A.R.S" :D ) and a brutal effigy, and am intending to order some witchling's and maybe an Austringer.

My main issue with Perdita, was managing to stay at range, I had never gotten Santiago to half health without being stuck in melee and then dying before getting to shoot, man is he awesome!

I now smack him around with Francisco or the executioner at the start and let him go to town, happily using rapidfire to put out fire power equal to Perdita!

So far the executioner has been great vs totts and even the mature Neph, though slow an obey here or there can help, I did try him alongside Abuela and the totem, but I rarely managed to have enough cards to get 3 obey's off. My last game I had Perdita, Nino, Papa, Francisco, Santiago and the executioner and they have been a blast!

Nino is awesome, a few headshot's to drain some cards, or trigger happy to chip away at them, master's fear his cb9 and hiding doesn't help, and obey for one last headshot when they only have 1 card in their hand is just mean.

Francisco I wasn't impressed with, until he took down a out of ss wounded lillith thanks to flurry, he would probably be the first to be replaced.

Papa is just mean, I throw him at my opponent so he has to deal with him, and will still cause some damage to something normally, letting my crew plink off the last few wounds.

Perdita is awesome, though I need to have at least 5 ss with her for my playing style (i'm usually rather aggressive with her), being fast is amazing, quick draw while situational can be really great too, and obey is awesome.