Zoraida Vs Pandora

Chookie

Hi everyone, I have a game lined up on the weekend Vs Pandora.

I've played against her once and read her Pull My Finger entry. Last time I won due to schemes and got lucky by killing her with mudslide from Bad Juju.

I would like some feedback on this list and game plan. Do you think it would work? How could I improve it?

Neverborn Crew - 35 - Scrap

Zoraida, the Hag -- 5 Pool

Bad Juju, Mire Golem [10ss]

Papa Loco [7ss]

Stitched Together [5ss]

Stitched Together [5ss]

Sue [8ss]

The idea is that I announce bodyguard and put Zoraida in an annoying spot to obey with conduit. Because I have bodyguard for 2VP, I predict my opponent will advance up the table. I will hide Papa Loco near Zoraida, so that when Pandora gets close enough he can jump out and explode at her.

Sue and the two stitched will wait for the enemy to come forward and then start shooting/gambling. Sue will give the Stitched +2 Wp and give enemy models a neg flip on casting. I think this makes the Stitched Wp 8? What is Pandora's? I can foresee Pandora burning SS on the Gambler you life, if she uses them all she will open herself to Papa Loco.

My second scheme will be un-announced reclaim relic? I think this is what it is called, anyway, I mean the one where you specify a piece of terrain and have to end the game touching it. Bad Juju will appear deep in his side of the table, cause some trouble, then waddle over to the piece of terrain in the last couple of turns. If he dies, I just re spawn him near it if possible.

The Pull My Finger entry recommends a high model count. I'm concerned I don't have enough models, what are your thoughts? It also says deal with her crew first, this list probably wouldn't be very capable of that unless they all progress forward, in which case, the Stitched and Sue should do OK.

Pandora has a 0 action that causes incite or pacify to a model that is not already affected by incite or pacify. When it gets cast successfully, she gets to cast the 0 action again, as well as getting her 4inch push and your model taking 1 wound.

So if you have Tread the Line up, s he can target a model in the aura over and over again, because everytime she hits your model with incite/pacify, your model won't be wffected by it, which leaves it a legal target to be incite/pacified again, as many times as she casts it.

How will you adjust your crew if you flip a strategy that does not lend itself to reclaim relic? What is the back up plan if papa loco does not kill Pandora when he "explodes at her"? Have you considered the twins instead of juju/papa? They would give you an 8 pool. Or maybe an insidious and some night terrors, not as much obey fun but you could spread out past the box opens range and the insidious could put Pandora on - flips. Bodyguard with Z should be relatively easy, I'd pick 17ss worth of models and a scheme that complements the stragety. I'd venture a guess that the 2 stitched and Sue's willpower boost will help out a bit. What minions do you expect to face?

I don't think your list is much good, for two reasons:

- Even with Box Opens, Bad Juju is extremely slow and I don't think he will do you much good vs. a master (and crew) as mobile as Pandora('s). The 10 pts. cost is just too much for him.

- It's a risk to take Papa Loco outside of a Perdita crew, due to his "Esta loco" ability. Have you thought of taking Tuco instead?

- Silurid would be great for your scheme (I think it's stake a claim, but I may be wrong) with the terrain piece. Terror tots would probably be even better, since they could pretty much sprint all across the table and into the enemy deployment zone if you put your mind to it, and they're only 3 pts. It's relatively easy to keep them away from P's mind tricks if they're hidden out behind some cover. Plus you only need one, as opposed to at least two silurid.

- Having said that, you might need a heavy melee hitter of some sort, since your crew is heavily reliant on Wp as it is. A mature neph. did great the only time I've played Zoraida, or you could just switch BJJ and Papa for the twins, as suggested earlier.