Seamus vs McMourning vs Ramos Narrative Battle Report

TheMonster

Hello. This is my first post here on the Malifaux forums, but I've been reading other posts and decided I wanted to post my own battle report.

An interesting facts about this battle report: Me and my brother (who played Ramos in this battle) are enrolled in a course at our school called Independent Directed Studies, Strategic Board Games. Basically, we get a four credits in this course for playing my new favorite game (I'm relatively new to the game) and making a battle report of it. It's a pretty amazing course to have. Anyhow, here's the battle report:

A small town overrun by forest.

Seamus circled the two story house that has long been abandoned. A large group of trees has grown only a few metres away, and to the east of the small forest is a canyon. Seamus thought a river must have flown through it at one time, now all it is simply dead, dead and dry.

“What do you think ladies?” Seamus asks to his group of belles, “T’is a bit far from everywhere.”

A ghost of a woman with a blade in either hand slides from the second story window down in front of Seamus. “I like it.” She whispers, her voice as cold as the air around her. She was Bete Noire, a spector that Seamus created by accident, a mistake, but useful all the same.

“McMourning said e’ would show it in person. I wonder where’e’is now?” Seamus often wondered aloud. His group of reanimated dead didn’t mind.

One of Seamus’ belles runs around the side of the house, she turns to Seamus and yells “Looks like companies come over already!” her voice was horse, probably because of the lazy job Seamus did on her vocal cords when he reanimated her.

“To me.” Seamus commanded to his two other belles, and to Madame Sybelle; by far the fattest, but strongest belle he brought with him. As Seamus trots back towards the fenced in garden that comes with the house, he pulls off his hat. Inside is something so strange that at first it even scared Seamus. A small creature, no taller then Seamus’ hat jumps out, and pulls an oversized flintlock from his own hat. Seamus found this little creature when he first arrived in Malifaux, it had taken a liking to him, copying everything from the way he dressed, to the weapon he used. But never saying a word. Seamus always considered this creature his adopted pet, and named him the Copy Cat Killer.

“It’s the head of the MSU Seamus.” Bete Noire had a habit of spreading out her s’, something that made her voice all the scarier.

“Now what’d the MSU want with this wreck?” Seamus wonders aloud. The Miners and Steamfitters Union was the number one supplier of Soulstones to all of Malifaux, without them, Malifaux would have just been baron land, with nothing of value. But as it was, with the discovery of Soulstones came many different magical arts, such as necromancy; and something Ramos was known for, grafting flesh into mechanical constructs. “Probably checkin’ out the house as a lair o’some sort.” Seamus answers his own question.

“MrMourning!” yells one of the Rotten Belles with a voice high enough to attract the attention of the many resurrected dogs that McMourning’s assistant, Sebastion, takes a liking too. The dogs turn there heads and charge straight at the Belle that now had jumped over the fenced yard and started waving to Sebastion.

Unfortunately, it appeared that MrMourning forgot to tell his assistant just who was being shown around the house, and the dogs bit at the Belle.

Seamus let out a cry as the dogs bit into his Belle’s arm, then came Sebastion, who grinned as he powered on the saw he used as a decapitator. The Belle lay dead in seconds. Seamus stood from the fence and unleashed a shell from his massive hand cannon, hitting Sebastion square in the chest. The Copy Cat had a bit more trouble getting into position to shoot, but ended up on top the fence, with the flintlock in both hands he shot and killed Sebastion, knocking himself to the ground from the fence as he did so.

The dog closest to Sebastion when he died took what parts of the body they could and brought them back to his master, McMourning.

Sybelle, hearing her lover’s shouts of anger turned her attention to the closest dog, and charged it, hitting it with the iron fan she always carried with her. The other dog got away, hiding behind several zombies with swords.

All the while, McMourning ran through the valley that bordered the house, raising a massive Flesh Construct as he ran from the body parts he kept hidden away from sight. His target was obviously the head of the MSU.

The other constructs McMourning was fond of, such as the nimble necropunks, who had metal emplacements they used instead of legs jumped from the balcony of a neighboring house onto a hill overgrown with shrubs and weeds.

McMourning himself charged through the ranks of steam powered arachnids that Ramos kept as bodyguards, and started to slash at Ramo’s exposed skin. But when he missed an attack, Ramos used his steam fist and grabbed hold of McMourning’s wrist, then began to punch him with the help of a larger steam spider.

Shambling around the hill came three zombies, who held swords in both hands. Suddenly they started cutting themselves and severing limbs, this somehow must have affected the steam powered spiders that looked on them, as sparks started flying, and the constructs fell to the ground; as did the zombies.

As Seamus watched the zombies kill themselves, he wondered why McMourning would order them to do such a thing. His care on the subject dropped when he turned his head back to the blood that was all that remained of his dead belle.

BêteNoire must have sensed his anger towards the attackers as she appeared from the dead soul of the Flesh Construct. Her blades slashed at an attempt to strike at Ramos’ favorite steam lifter Joss’ neck. But her blades hit metal and bounced off.

Seamus whistled to signal a retreat as the last of the MSU fell to pieces and McMourning recovered from his wounds. McMourning had just started a war, something Seamus wouldn’t back down from.

Victor: McMourning (It was a kill point mission, McMourning had so many points over me and Ramos we called it game on turn 4.)

2nd: Ramos

3rd: Seamus

So after this battle me and my brother did some research online. The person who played McMourning broke (quite) a few rules, but it was still a fun, although short, game.

So how good is my writing? Please don't feel like you have to be nice about it, if there's a paragraph that needs to be rewritten, just say so.

Also, this report has already been sent to my teacher, so any errors in there can't be fixed, but they can be avoided next time.

Thanks for reading.

Edited by TheMonster