Guardian+Wagon Marker=?

Mashurface

Question

Hey guys, been looking through the rules manual before having my first game (cos I hate not knowing what's going on) and I need something clarified for me.

In the Supply Wagon mission, you have to protect a Wagon Marker. Does the marker count as a model for purposes of defensive actions, abilities and spells, e.g. the Guardian's Protect spell or Stalwart action? Or am I correct in thinking that the words "marker" and "model" are mutually exclusive?

Thanks.

Mash.

3 answers to this question

Not sure if you know this part or not, but one of the rules for supply wagon is "The Marker cannot be attacked if it is within the melee range of one of your models." (pg 93 of the Rules Manual). I only point this out cause it sounds like your looking for a way to keep your opponent from effecting the wagon. which they can do just by standing in front of it, but if you keep one of your models always in melee range of te wagon then they have to take out that model/s before they can attack the wagon.

... a way to keep your opponent from effecting the wagon. which they can do just by standing in front of it

They don't even need to stand in front of it. They can hide around the back and still prevent it from being attacked. :P

The old rules made more sense with the wagon - gotta wonder if the new rule is a typo.