Flipping Joker & Strategy Selection Questions

Glint-Eye

Question

I know on the strategy chart a player chooses his strategy when he flips a Joker, but what happens when both players flip Jokers? Who chooses first? This is relevant as one player might tactically choose his strategy based on what the other player picked. It would come up more on the Core Encounter chart, but similar issues come up on the expanded individual strategies chart if both players flip the same color joker.

Also, on related note, how do you determine who re-flips first on the strategy chart by spending a soulstone? We've always assumed the person who flipped the lowest card to highest card, but the book doesn't specifically mention the order (page 69). Once again this is relevant as a player may choose to re-flip based on what his opponent flipped. My thoughts are that everyone commits to whether or not they wish to re-flip first, and then this action is carried out, but it doesn't specifically mention it.

Forgive me if this has already been answered, I looked but I had time finding this topic.

Edited by Glint-Eye
grammar

3 answers to this question

Well the golden rule in the book is flip for any dispute, since there is no official rule in the book your next flip should determine who flips next.

Crouching moose's idea is a fair house rule. The book leaves it open to interpretation on how you should treat when to pick for joker flips.

Edited by Mr. Bigglesworth

...i also think if only 1 person flips a joker they should pick before the other person reveals theirs

That really depends on whether Wyrd meant for the player to also have the advantage of picking a strategy that compliments their opponent's. I would kind of like that, adds another layer of fun. Secret flipping is a good solution though.

This is a good question, I'm interested to hear what Wyrd has to say about it.