Giant selling thread of doom

the one tyrant

In the same kind of boat timescales wise McDoogle, 1.5 weeks and no sign of the parcel despite other things turning up from other places sent 1st or 2nd class... really hoping this pans out ok as it was a good deal, was hoping for it all to come through before Christmas

Luckily, if it comes to the worst i'm also in the boat of being able to get the money back through paypal as it was quite a substantial purchase for me

I am not too worried, I paid through paypal so if push comes to shove they refund us and take from the seller.

I hope there is nothing to worry about, but some communication would help us all feel better

As long as there is money in the account, you can have Paypal retrieve it, however if it has been taken out or transferred to his bank account, all Paypal can do is place a hold on his account.

Hope everything works out.

In the same kind of boat timescales wise McDoogle, 1.5 weeks and no sign of the parcel despite other things turning up from other places sent 1st or 2nd class... really hoping this pans out ok as it was a good deal, was hoping for it all to come through before Christmas

Luckily, if it comes to the worst i'm also in the boat of being able to get the money back through paypal as it was quite a substantial purchase for me

Ditto-my deal was also good, but i'm currently £55 down without even postage info and have received 1 msg in the last week to say he working loads-this still hasnt explained the lack of info or why the package itself hasnt arrived. Will also send you a pm bud....

As long as there is money in the account, you can have Paypal retrieve it, however if it has been taken out or transferred to his bank account, all Paypal can do is place a hold on his account.

Hope everything works out.

I dont think this is correct, I have been refunded by ebay before, as they hold customers account details they just take it back from that account. Unless of course its closed in which case we hand over details to the triads :)

Then you were fortunate.

Read both of their User Agreements (ebay and paypal). I took the time to after several threads of problems.

If you believe that Paypal will protect you, you are sorely mistaken.

Paypal is convenient and mildly safe, not convenient and ironclad.

Do some searching on Bartertown, this discussion comes up once every 6 months or so.

Edited by Stanislav

So i think it is time to explain what happened, first of all the cards were binned by a mate i lent my models to as he said he had the rulebooks so didn't need the cards, due to currently being an assistant manager at a pub with very incompetant staff i have been doing crazy and im sure illegal hours for the last 3 weeks (39% of our yearly takings we take in these 3 weeks). I trusted my dad to deliver the packages to the post office which he assured me he had, when i checked with him about a week later after complaints turns out he never posted, i took the next day off work to get them sent out. Once again all i can do is say sorry for what has happened. Rob

• 2 weeks later...