Malifuax Campaign idea

Tiemo18

So I have been mulling over an idea for a Malifuax campaign

the bases around it is that its like a game of Clue. Everyone is after some ancient malifuax object of power ( the ability to avatar as an idea ) everyone has a certain amount of clues and to get a clue you have to beat someone in a game you put your clues together to find out where the item is, all this is based around a basic box set point level around 25

next step is finding clues on how to use the object you can steal the object from anouther player if you defeat him in a game but only if the master is killed you have to defeat everyone else to get clues on how to use it and where to use it the points value for this is 35 points

Next is the awakening of the object where everyone has brawl size forces 55 points and everyone is fighting over who awakens the object but this level has a twist everyone knows its happening but only the 1 player knows where so if you are winning you are the target from everyone who ever activates the object wins the campaign

i would make a map of malifuax and you travel the city

the game would go by weeks eatch phase is 4 weeks so you can max get 4 clues per month you can challenge anyone to a game within eatch week so you can cater to everyones scheduale the organizer would just need the info on who won what models died and where it took place in malifuax

everyone puts in 5 bucks and who every wins gets there avatar model bought for them

ps

all models have to be painted and based and i would take pictures and write a narative about the whole campaign at the end

any ideas who be helpfull of makeing this more fluid

sorry for the spelling im doing this dureing my daughters nap and i dont have much time haha

OK, so let me get this straight.

This is all about finding an object of great power. At the start you're given some clues.

Phase One) Assemble your clues. Each time you win a Box-sized game, you're given another clue.

(How would these clues work? Would each player be given the same clues? How would they determine who gets the object for the next stage?)

Phase Two) Figure out how to use the object. If you win a game against the current object-holder, and you kill the Leader, you gain the object.

(What if you have the object, and you win the game? Should you get a benefit from that? Could you have a bonus/penalty from simply having the object?)

Phase Three) Awakening the object. All players go into a mass Brawl, but only one player knows where. The player who holds the object at the end 'Activates it' and wins.

(Which player will know where it's held? Will it be the player with the object at the end? What if the object switches hands? How will the object be activated?)

Each phase is 4 week, one game per week (Will the locations and strategies be pre-determined each game, or will you try to fit them into the game as you play?)

I think it's a good plan. Needs refining (I put questions that I think need addressing in italics), but I'd definitely like to see where this goes. XD

Question 1: How would these clues work? Would each player be given the same clues? How would they determine who gets the object for the next stage?

Clues are made up of 6 pieces that are puzzles from part of the map. When you get enough parts you combine them until they start to make sense on the map to determine who actually knows where the objective is. You talk to the campaign provider telling him where the object is and, if you are right, the stage ends, if not, you keep going on (like the game of clue). If you guess right you get the object for the next stage.

**You can only gain a clue by 1: Being the challenger and 2: Winning the match.

Question 2: What if you have the object and you win the game? Should you get a benefit from that? Could you have a bonus/penalty from simply having the object?

When you posses the objective your bonus is that you get 4 additional soul stones for hiring crews or for using in the game. **If you lose the objective you lose the soul stones, which means, anything you've hired with those four soul stones will be taken from your crew.

***No one knows that you have the objective, just that someone has it at the start of the second phase.

Question 3: Which player will know where it's held? Will it be the player with the object at the end? What if the object switches hands? How will the object be activated?

In the 3rd phase final brawl everyone knows where the objective can be used. So, if any player possesses the object by the end of the 6th turn and is within 6 inches of the objective, it then activates and that player wins the campaign.

**So, the last phase is one big game including all players of the campaign.

***This is the only part of the campaign where all players have to be present.

Question 4: Will the locations and strategies be pre-determined each game, or will you try to fit them into the game as you play?

Locations and strategies are not predetermined.

** Storyline-wise it's two people hearing a rumour about the location but have separate agendas.

Edited by Tiemo18