Adepticon 2012

Tauwolf

SemanticDM and I are in... mainly because Nilus would tar and feather us if we backed out now. :D I'll probably be running PW demos most of the con, but taking some time out to play in the tourney Sunday.

Hope to see you there! Last year was fun times, and judging by the quickly selling out events this should be even more awesome.

Ditto on the fun times. And my hubby is bringing a porter he's brewing especially for the event, provided that it ages well. :D Not to mention that Lombard is close enough to downtown to drive down for an afternoon.

However, if you register now - only a partial swag bag. Its the 10th anniversary for the con, so things should be hopping!

However, if you register now - only a partial swag bag. Its the 10th anniversary for the con, so things should be hopping!

Yeah Adepticon only assures the full world famous swag bag to the first 1000 badges and they sold those out earlier today. Last year it tooks almost 4 months to sell them out, this year they sold them out in less then two weeks.

As far as Puppet Wars go. Currently we are running a 24 person tourney on Sunday. On top of that demos will be going on any time I can find a person to run them. Finally Shadowopal is working on an open play event using terra clips to create a large multistory building where puppets will fight for dominance all day. Tentative name for the event is the Doll House of Doom!

Plus the Cake Match on Thursday is very open to rules. So Puppet wars can be played instead of Malifaux. Plus I anticipate pickup games all weekend.

You all should come to the con, its a great time for all. Plus you get to see me in my absolutely most frantic. I am told its funny to watch :)

It is quite fun to be around haha.

I will definitely be there, so come by the Cool Mini or Not booth or the game room! I will be available to teach and give advice on all games (Malifaux and Puppetwars for this bunch ;) ) It will definitly be a good time! See you there!

• 2 weeks later...
Well, I am officially registered for the PW Tournament. I think that's really my only event besides teaching. I actually really need to start "training." I'll have to see if the Malifaux contingent here in Chicago is playing PW regularly yet.

Dave

A few of us have the game but there has not been much regular play. I need to start playing it more myself.

We had a really great 4-player game last night. I learned a lot about some of the puppets that I haven't seen much of yet. Fullborer pulled a couple of really nice "Roars" off an opponent's Guild Hound to damage Lady J. That player then used that same Guild Hound (buffed up by Lady J and presumably filled with embarrasment for being used like that and a raging need for vengence) to wreck fullborer's crew hahaha. The hound did THIRTEEN rips before finally getting torn up!