New to game a few... questions help

shemus32

Hey guys just getting into the game, loving it so far but have some questions that need help on please.

1. Can u add cards from your hand anytime you are forced to flip a card ( ie. during the animations card flip step)

2. Can u dodge effect (seamus pop gun, since it is not an attack action)

3. On seamus pop gun it needs 4crow. Do you flip a card for that yes?

4. If an action/ability has 0+discard a card. Do you even have to flip a card or just discard and it goes through

5. The powerful ability does it add to the number of cards that you draw or does it add to the numerical value flipped

6. What does decay do? Is it just a state?

7. What happens if you flip 2 aces in a row? Do you flip another and what suits do you use.

I know lthat is a lot of questions but I reallu want to get into demoing this at the local LGS and want to have a good grasp on the rules.

Thanks much guys and galls appreciate any info you can share 8)

I will try my best...anyone correct me if I am wrong!

Hey guys just getting into the game, loving it so far but have some questions that need help on please.

1. Can u add cards from your hand anytime you are forced to flip a card ( ie. during the animations card flip step)

You can add cards only when you are flipping to try and perform an action (not when forced to flip in other instances)...you can however replace the animation card before it is flipped.

2. Can u dodge effect (seamus pop gun, since it is not an attack action)

You can not dodge effects, only attacks

3. On seamus pop gun it needs 4crow. Do you flip a card for that yes?

Yes, you flip a card to try to perform actions...you can play cards from your hand to meet the requirements

4. If an action/ability has 0+discard a card. Do you even have to flip a card or just discard and it goes through

If it has a 0 you do not need to flip, just move to the additional payment requirements (discard a card in this case)

5. The powerful ability does it add to the number of cards that you draw or does it add to the numerical value flipped

It adds to the number of rips delivered on a successful attack. Combat +1 adds to the number of cards flipped, Skillful adds to the numerical value of cards flipped for non-attack actions

6. What does decay do? Is it just a state?

When a puppet with a decay counter is 'Torn apart' it is instead removed from the game.

7. What happens if you flip 2 aces in a row? Do you flip another and what suits do you use.

This one I am not sure of...

Tim

Edited by tfelts

I will try my best...anyone correct me if I am wrong!

You can add cards only when you are flipping to try and perform an action (not when forced to flip in other instances)...you can however replace the animation card before it is flipped.

You can not dodge effects, only attacks

Yes, you flip a card to try to perform actions...you can play cards from your hand to meet the requirements

If it has a 0 you do not need to flip, just move to the additional payment requirements (discard a card in this case)

It adds to the number of rips delivered on a successful attack. Combat +1 adds to the number of cards flipped, Skillful adds to the numerical value of cards flipped for non-attack actions

When a puppet with a decay counter is 'Torn apart' it is instead removed from the game.

This one I am not sure of...

Tim

I am pretty sure the rules manual said only one flip for aces, even if you get another ace.

All of this is correct. :)

(except that puppet wars doesn't have a rules manual :D )