A couple of questions...

Thor

Question

Hey friends... I have a couple of questions that arouse during a recent mini-tournament we had and I'm finding mixed answers to most of them. So, here's some off the top of my head:

1. Does the Nurse's Attendant & Bedside Manner work for only as long as the Nurse is in base contact with a model, or can that model wander off from the Nurse and retain the benefit?

2. Is a model with Immune to Influence completely immune to spells that are resisted with WP?

3. Regarding spell effects duration - if the spell's description does not state when/how it's effect ends, does it remain in play until the end of the encounter or the Start Closing Phase (for example, Rasputina's Ice Pillars or Guardian's Stalwart)?

Tnx in advance! :)

6 answers to this question

1. The models gain the benefit while in base contact with the Nurse.

2. Yes, because resisting a spell is defending in a Duel. Immune to Influence will make you pass that Duel automatically.

3. If the effect doesn't specify when it ends, it ends during the Resolve Effects Step within the Closing Phase. However, a note on Ice Pillars: the Pillars are terrain pieces and not spell effects so they are permanent and last until destroyed (they also cannot be dispelled etc. for this reason).

-Ropetus

Thanks for your replies! Most of them were as I thought they should be, so I'll get a fair amount of "I told you so"s :D

EDIT: Another question that I just remembered: When a Flesh Construct is summoned, does it's Dumb rule allow it to act normal if a card is discarded, or the Slow from summoning rule takes precedence anyway?

Edited by Thor
to avoid double-posting

EDIT: Another question that I just remembered: When a Flesh Construct is summoned, does it's Dumb rule allow it to act normal if a card is discarded, or the Slow from summoning rule takes precedence anyway?

Check the wording: You can discard a card to avoid receiving Slow due to Dumb. This does not remove your Slow due to being summoned so it's quite pointless to do so, unless you discard a Joker for Fast (in which case Fast and Slow cancel each other).

-Ropetus

Check the wording: You can discard a card to avoid receiving Slow due to Dumb. This does not remove your Slow due to being summoned so it's quite pointless to do so, unless you discard a Joker for Fast (in which case Fast and Slow cancel each other).

Tnx, one more "I told you so" win for me.. :D

One more thing.

Immune to influence only works when you are being the target on their turn.

You can not ignore terrifying (harmless, etc)since you are not the defender.

Cool, that's really good to know, as it could be easily missed!, Tnx! :)