Team Marcus

Fulgrima

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been kinda busy this week but i got a few games in with Marcus. I have to say he is a beast!

6-4 victory vs Perdita

and

4-3 loss vs Lilith (I still can't find a good crew set up for Shared Reconnoiter or regular Reconniter for that matter.)

Both games were fast paced and extremely fun thanx to our favorite master slingshotting around the objectives :D

Been kinda busy this week but i got a few games in with Marcus. I have to say he is a beast!

6-4 victory vs Perdita

and

4-3 loss vs Lilith (I still can't find a good crew set up for Shared Reconnoiter or regular Reconniter for that matter.)

Both games were fast paced and extremely fun thanx to our favorite master slingshotting around the objectives :D

Marcus

Snowstorm

7 Molemen

Marcus managed to spank Zoraida tonite 6-4 (Vs MythicFox), with Marcus himself, in 25SS, killing;

2 Wicked Dolls, Bad Juju (Only once...), Stitched together, Waldegeist and taking Zoraida down to 2 wounds in one hit.

Ohhhh yeahhhh.

Finished on full wounds too! So he killed 27SS worth of models in a 25ss game, and almost killed Big Z...

Good news team!

Played vs Kirai tonite (25SS) I had slaughter, breakthrough, hold out vs destroy the evidence, breakthrough, kill protegee (Kaeris)

I used

Marcus + 3SS

Student of Conflict

Kaeris

Gunsmith

2 x Despy Mercs

Then realised I only had 3 significant models.

Marcus then killed 27ss worth of stuff (in terms of slaughter) with kaeris picking up the rest and the stuff that was summoned.

Won 8-0 :D

Good news team!

Played vs Kirai tonite (25SS) I had slaughter, breakthrough, hold out vs destroy the evidence, breakthrough, kill protegee (Kaeris)

I used

Marcus + 3SS

Student of Conflict

Kaeris

Gunsmith

2 x Despy Mercs

Then realised I only had 3 significant models.

Marcus then killed 27ss worth of stuff (in terms of slaughter) with kaeris picking up the rest and the stuff that was summoned.

Won 8-0 :D

Was this against a good Kirai player?

Oh no marcus won, must be lack of skill on opponent, no other valid explanation.

Don't be so idiotic.

Marcus is a completely fine master and doesn't get near enough credit, people are just bad at building lists with him. And UKRocky is obviously a good player.

The point of the question was that Kirai managed to lose 27ss worth of models in Slaughter (a good Kirai player will sacrifice low hp models and make new ones, and abuse Ikiryo reuses as he doesnt give Slaughter points, so she's generally quite hard to score points off - scoring more than the game SS total is a poor showing), managed to not kill either of the only two major threats on the board, and didn't destroy evidence tokens (something which she almost cant fail at). Losing is not particularly shocking. Losing 8-0 is. Possibly he just had horrible luck with cards, who knows. Hence the question.

Marcus is a completely fine master and doesn't get near enough credit, people are just bad at building lists with him

Corrrrect.

And UKRocky is obviously a good player.

I prefer the term 'freaking awesome'

The point of the question was that Kirai managed to lose 27ss worth of models in Slaughter (a good Kirai player will sacrifice low hp models and make new ones, and abuse Ikiryo reuses as he doesnt give Slaughter points, so she's generally quite hard to score points off - scoring more than the game SS total is a poor showing),

He summoned 2/3 Ikiryo, which were the ones kirai killed, as well a Shikome out of 2 seishin, which was also Kaeris' friend.

The 27ss includes the 10ss for Kirai.

managed to not kill either of the only two major threats on the board, and didn't destroy evidence tokens (something which she almost cant fail at). Losing is not particularly shocking. Losing 8-0 is. Possibly he just had horrible luck with cards, who knows. Hence the question.

He took out the student turn 1 with an Ikiryo, which was good for him, but I'm very used to having to keep alive Marcus and Kaeris, having played plenty with both, so I wasn't surprised he didn't take either out. (Kaeris did only have 1 wound left to be fair and had nicked a wound off the gunsmith).

The evidence tokens I'm very, very used to defending, with myself having played the scenario many times and being able to throw slurrids at them, I've learnt from my opponents mistakes. Basically early game I dumped despy merc and gunsmith on one of the outer 2, Marcus on the other outer one and the other despy merc at the back, to put melee zones on.

He went down the flank away from Marcus (maybe a mistake, who knows), to try and get that one, but kaeris was there to reinforce so when the despy merc died, she put her melee range on the objective too, whilst Marcus killed the 2 threats to his side then ran over.

I simply didn't let him destroy them.

As for the player, well, Craig is a lovely guy and he knows the rules but we were just having a fun game, neither of us on top form, and he's not played as many games as me. Hence why I took the rather experimental list, with no beasts and all shooting, vs a crew I normally wouldn't try it against (spirits..).

So to answer the question, Craig isn't a bad player, nor is he a competitive tourney player like me, hence why I tried something different. As for 8-0, well, when you know your opponents objectives, its not hard to stop them IMO, and I'll always aim for an 8-0 if my plans go well and Marcus behaves