Talk me into 'The Viktoria's'

Blacktao

Oi guys,

I'm maybe gonna start with my 4th master(s):

The Viktorias

I'm planning to buy the crew box; misaki; the convict gunslinger; student of conflicten a pack of ronin

is this a good synergic crew or not? Can you guys give me some guidelines :)

I'm not gonna play huge encounters with it, but I wanna have some models to chose from

and some models like the gunslinger and the student are also for my other masters ;)

thx in advance

greetzz

Black

Gunslinger is good in many crews, but the Student tends to get left behind by the Viks.

An alternative would be something like; Viks (blister), 3 x Ronin, Freikorps boxset, and then maybe Taelor (though if you are keeping to a budget you could postpone Lady Hammerstrike till later - she's good, but not absolutely necessary).

This combination could give competitive crews at every level up to Brawls (for about the same spend) and would have the bonus of giving you 2 different leaders to choose from at lower points.

What you have listed is almost exactly what I started out with. The only exception is: I don't run the student of conflict.

I recently expanded into the Freikorps. They work very well with the Victorias.

So to answer you original question. I would either go with what you have listed plus the Freikorps Librarian. Or I would go a completely different direction and go with what Serigala said. Both are very reasonable plans.

The reason I suggested the Freikorps boxset is that you don't get full use out of the Viks boxset.

Taelor and the Viks will get used, but Bishop is very expensive (10pts) and Johan is best in an Arcanist MSU crew. If you buy the Viks and Taelor, separately that is more to spend on models that will give better utility; 3x Ronin, Convict, Librarian etc

I have Bishop but have rarely included him in my crew. He is apparently very good at holding objectives - and is one of the best models for retreiving the loot in Treasure Hunt, due to his defensive triggers.

I play the Viks very offensively (I don't think they really play any other way) and for several reasons would rather have 2 Ronin backing them up than whatever Bishop brings to the table.

Bishop is useful in higher point games. If your doing, for example, a 50ss game, then his high cost is somewhat mitigated over the whole.

Even if your not interested in the Freikorps, I would still get the Librarian. Her healing is very useful. Very useful! The Viks are fairly fragile.

And if you just can't stand the look of the Freikorps, then at least buy her stat card off the website and proxy in a different miniature. (I know a guy who proxies the gunslinger for the same reason: doesn't like the fig.)

Bishop is useful in higher point games. If your doing, for example, a 50ss game, then his high cost is somewhat mitigated over the whole.

Even if your not interested in the Freikorps, I would still get the Librarian. Her healing is very useful. Very useful! The Viks are fairly fragile.

And if you just can't stand the look of the Freikorps, then at least buy her stat card off the website and proxy in a different miniature. (I know a guy who proxies the gunslinger for the same reason: doesn't like the fig.)

yes I could do that :D

Thx for the advise guys.

greetzz Black