Inspiring Swordplay Clarification

Fading Memory

I would agree with the arguments in favour, if a Rules Marshall hadn't already stated the opposite.

FWIW the FAQ talks about a model targeting itself with an Ability. Note that the effect from Inspiring Swordplay does not target anything, as it does not include the word "target", so that part of the FAQ is not really on point.

I would agree with the arguments in favour, if a Rules Marshall hadn't already stated the opposite.

Yeah, I understand that and actually think in the spirit of the "inspiration" that she should not get it. My point was simply that the marshal did not simply state that she is not affected, he used the wording of the ability as the basis for his ruling and to my eye and understanding, that wording does not support the conclusion.

So, in the spirit of what I think the rule was intended to be, I am cool with her NOT getting the bonus and as a Rezzer, I am VERY COOL with her not getting the bonus. :)

(That vile woman does not need need it anyway...)