Things to do on public transport

• 2 weeks later...

I am a suburban kid so I was spared the use of Public transportation most of my life. That being said when I got older I did take Metra into the City and used the L to get around there. Usually on a Saturday night. Honestly riding the L in Chicago late at night was generally entertainment in itself.

I am a suburban kid so I was spared the use of Public transportation most of my life. That being said when I got older I did take Metra into the City and used the L to get around there. Usually on a Saturday night. Honestly riding the L in Chicago late at night was generally entertainment in itself.

Totally different city,

Completely identical experience.

I once saw the most bad ass granny brawl while I was in HS.

- - -

Just talk to strangers.

Make friends.

Or that might just be what I do,

Because I don't have a shy bone in my body.

I worked for a month in Milan, Italy and I took public transit to the site every day. Every evening riding back at the same time a guy and his young daughter would board the train. He would start a portable CD player and start playing a Clarinet while his daughter danced around the train with a hat.

Usually I don't go for this kinda thing but every day I gave them a Euro because it brightened my day. He was a good musician(He played different music every day) and his daughter was adorable.

Compare that to the things I have seen on the L in Chicago. Like the time I saw a drunk homeless lady take a piss out the window of the train.