Help with McMourning

Hi, guys!

Last week I was thinking about to buy two another crews for demos purpose only... and I think in a Sonia vs McMourning duel. With guild guards in the two sides, only that alive in one side and non-alive at the other... :P

At last, I buy Lady J and Ramos (western and steampunk is more descriptive about what is Malifaux), but the McMourning crew was in my head still...

So I'm planning in to buy (in a few months) this McMourning crew, but I want to know what do you think first...

Ressurectionists Crew - 25 - Scrap

Dr. Douglas McMourning -- 8 Cache

Zombie Chihuahua [1ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Guild Autopsy [3ss]

Guild Autopsy [3ss]

Guild Autopsy [3ss]

Nurse [5ss]

Sebastian, Morgue Assistant [6ss]

One option that I have is change one Autopsy and the two dogs for two necropunks (for speed), but for themed crew I think that the dogs are better...

I think that have a huge close combat power (with McMourning and Sebastian) and some fire power with the guards... Also, I can summon more guards, or a flesh construct, or more dogs... so the crew is highly thematic. But... is "effective"?

Thanks, guys!

Not really sure about the Guild Autopsies... just dont think they are worth it. Although I understand you want it for your theme. I'd drop the nurse for 2 canine remains as to be honest I just dont find the Nurse very effective at all and the dogs are useful for both speed and chopping up ;).

Maybe drop one Autopsy and add in another 2 canines giving you 6 in total as I don't think 3 Autopsies are needed and having that many dogs give you a good activation advantage...

hmm, I can understand the theme, but I have personally not had much luck with the Autopsies, and against a rangy crew...you can return fire, but that Easy to Wound they have will really put you at a disadvantage.

But to be honest, I would just drop the nurse and his totem in favor of more dogs. The totem just seems to silly now that Wyrd has smacked us with the cuddle bat. Although, I know it acts like a Vulture for him though, and with the dogs being pretty easy to knock down it'd be good to have someone to scoop it up.

Also you may want to advise the person playing to snatch those two soulstones above your cache and make them into his Body Part Counters and show them how to pop a Frankie out on the first turn...amusing...but optional.

Sebs and McMourning are absolutely brutal, the only major weakness of the good doctor I have found is to make sure to kill him before he activates, because of Organ Donor and a lot of Soulstones....ahaha he can come back very quickly.

Edited by hippieshopper

necropunks and Guild Autopsy are not vary good IMHO. necropunks are only useful in missions where you have to go pick something up and bring it back but I have never used mine when i bring them to do anything, they tend to die and are not really worth there points. The idea of having guild guards on both sides is a cool one but the guy running the undead ones will soon find out that it is cooler for the guild player.

But to keep the theme kinda intact i would agree with Stargazer and go with something like this

Zombie Chihuahua [1ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Guild Autopsy [3ss]

Guild Autopsy [3ss]

But If you want a more balance and intresting game Keep the Sonnia boxset the the way it came with the witchlings and play VS this list

Zombie Chihuahua [1ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Canine Remains [2ss]

Crooked men [4ss]

Crooked men [4ss]

Crooked men are good support choices becaue they are the only good ranged fighter for there points that the undead have. they have a good ranged spell called Caved in and it has a good trigger for there melee. Alot of players focus on there shafted spell but it is the lest intresting talent they have. The ablities of Crooked and evasive 2 make them good defenders VS guild stuff and there slow to die is cool too. But if the Crooked men are not your flavor try adding Bete Noir or even hans in to try something differnt.

With Bete use the dogs as a delivery system to get her hiting and paralizing sonia right away and then pop off before being killed. or with hans it gives you a bit of range and the ablity to fight bullets with bullets, but the crooked men i think will be a more intresting choice in the long run.

First, thanks to all :D

But seems that I don't explain very well... ^^U My first idea was to make demos with Sonia and McMourning. But, as a friend of mine tell me, that is not a good idea. So I pick up Lady J and Ramos...

Now, the crew that I post is for me. For fun games, competitives games, etc. Not for demos.

I have leave this crew, by the moment, at the "next things to do" pile... It will cost a lot of money to play like I want it (something similar that I post it): box, two blisters of dogs, maybe two blisters of guards... Too much money for only 25ss.

But when I have painted my new crews... Well, why not? :D

Thanks again, guys...;)