The Ultimate Insult within Malifaux

Pere_Marsh

Just though i would take a moment to share one of the greatest outcomes of a game of malifaux I have ever had.

During a game of slaughter between my Merc crew (viks) versus Lilith, it looked like i was going to lose out right within the third turn, i had been over aggressive and found myself with Hamelin The Rat Catcher left against Lilith, a Mature Nephilim and The Hooded Rider at the end of the second turn.

Start of the fourth turn, my opponent get first activation, moves Lilith about 6" away from Hamelin but 6" away from the edge of the broad..

my only activation, I cast Piper's Lure.. as my opponent has never played against this model before he lets it slide.. now Hamelin has a trigger, let me cast the same spell again.. moving Lilith (who has full wounds mind you) to the broad edge, removing her from play. Understandably he wasn't to happy about this. After this the Nephilim ripped Hamelin to spreads ending the game.

by doing this however I got both of my schemes (thwart and assassinate) and stopped him getting his Bodyguard scheme, i may have lost the game by 1 victory point but I was a very happy man and my opponent didn't speak to my for the rest of the tournament and now Hamelin hasn't left any of my crews since

:) Malifaux is full of "I'm never going to let THAT happen again!" moments. Priceless!

like my Collette opponent running a coryphee into melee with a young lacroix thinking he would pull the other one up on his next activation. needless to say one Kin companion chain later and there was a grease spot where the coryphee once stood. And on top of that he burned 8 SS to try and keep it alive. So later on in the game, Francois with a :rams from Ophelia, shot Collette full of holes.

Is Hamelin the only master with a Lure spell?

Im certain other minions/masters have similar.

Anyone?

Perhaps it is his trigger which is the highlight in this instance?

i am chatting about Hamelin the Merc.. the first Hamelin before he died.. the master version dont have the spell i don't think