Guild Entry

Doctor Amos

If your looking for options, there is no better options then sam for ranged, austringers are also good, if you need melee options I might suggest guild hounds, mostly cause you'll get soulstones from them. Also I would like to suggest always maxing your ss pool and considering a student of conflict for a totem, if you can play smart then when you decide to go off you could cast 4 spells in a turn, which will really hurt. Hope this helps :)

I'm curious why you say Sam is better ranged option. Do you lean synergy wise with Sonia? That I might agree. Otherwise his role is master killer which he is only mildly good since he came use ss and his range is 10" and 4" movement makes him pretty avoidable. Playing both Zoradia and Pandora he has posed no threat. Obeying him to shoot Sonia is hilarious or with his wp pushing Pandora into cover is easy.

Ryle's range and mobility it is hat to hide from the ability to shoot three times up to 16 even at 5 cb is a good way to push ss burn or hand discard. Plus his capacity for damage is highest minions even higher then most masters mind you pulling it off is very hard but it makes people think before letting hit through. Don't forget 10 we armor. He can be in enemy deployment zone by turn 2 and still shoot twice. Last his capacity in melee is huge. Being able to hit hard and push out after. His df is low and wp is but he has the wp immunity.

Nino 9 cb 2 shots at 16 makes along with 2 triggers that are devastating. He can check range before and being one ss cheaper he is a choice that you can never go wrong with, closest thing to auto include. However with whole shadow thing I think this pushes Ryle as #1 contender for #1 guild shooter.

Austringer might have gotten better than Nino with the new shadow rule. Ignoring los is even more valuable at a cost of 5 ss. Deliver orders is very good too.

I put Sam right under santiago as best shooter.

I am curious why you say no better option. I just have yet to see him worth it and want to know if I am missing something.

I have to agree that Ryle is a beast, I tossed him in my crew to try a week ago and haven't taken him out. Being able to push himself out of combat before he shoots was so nice since my opponent tried to lock him in combat to stop the shooting, only the Lilitu whip can hold him with her 4" melee range.

Not to mention all the shooting ryle puts up and what looks at first to be little damage till you start stacking the damage he does if he does max damage with his attacks.

I am dieing to try Ryle in my Perdita crew I can just imagine what he can do with all my obey batteries up and running on him.

I have to agree that Ryle is a beast, I tossed him in my crew to try a week ago and haven't taken him out. Being able to push himself out of combat before he shoots was so nice since my opponent tried to lock him in combat to stop the shooting, only the Lilitu whip can hold him with her 4" melee range.

Lilitu is a nightmare so won't push from her, so I don't find this a problem usually because the closest living model to her is behind her helping push into melee range to her. His melee is pretty fierce. Keep this in mind this is a huge benefit and really important when taking on neverborn. Also keep in mind his damage out put is best in melee if you are range take advantage then push out after the 2 melee strikes and use his ranged strike, or if you can use his 2 ability then by all means use that.

Last can't lure him because of breach psychosis.

Not to mention all the shooting ryle puts up and what looks at first to be little damage till you start stacking the damage he does if he does max damage with his attacks.

So very awesome, I usually share this with my enemy the fear factor usually helps me drain their hand so I can use Nino's headshot effectively. I also usually activate him first.

I am dieing to try Ryle in my Perdita crew I can just imagine what he can do with all my obey batteries up and running on him.

Unfortunately can't obey him... breach psychosis. Don't need to any way he is fastest enough and obey for a cb 5 with all the other options is not worth while.

/QUOTE]

Ahh I didn't even think about the Obey thing, I have just resently picked up Ryle and I haven't played my Perdita crew with him yet the time I was using him was with Lady J.

As for pushing him out of combat, I found that if he got locked into combat with something not living I would generally move Lady J into combat first, have her either beat on and kill whatever had Ryle locked or later just have ryle push away from Lady J.

I am like you I like to activate Ryle, get the push off and put him right up front to scare my opponent from getting to close to fast.

Keep in mind his push is from closest living model without a range... don't have book so not sure where los fits. So it could be Nino pushing you forward or his master pushing you sideways. It is a really neat trick also it forces you to check range in questionable time which can be advantageous.

Yes what I was doing most of the time was running Lady J directly behind him, basically making her herd him forward.