another nicodem player

sheffield bolle

hi all been reading all your posts for a while and now need a little help . right playing first 25 game and after reading a million posts and bought all models for nic here goes !

nic, mortimer , 2x crooked men , 3x k9 , grave spirit

1 question is crooked or belles and are the hanged worth the cost with grave spirit linked or do i need vultures ?

thanks for taking time to read

bolle

i started nico with a gravespirit, but ever game i was just like, man i wish i had a few vultures. there sooooo good with a slow master, for spell/pickin up corpses,

i also found nurses are amazing, with dogs she turns em into hunter kill missiles and there awsome, iv used one b4 to kill a desolation engine from full wounds to dead,

punk zombies are so broken get some (but dont use em in ur list have them for summons) there damage output is amazing and CB9 paired (bolster)

use the nurse to cross large distances and nail key models.

if uv got book 2 use an undead necromancy they hit so hard (include these in ur list bit hard to summon as its 4 corpse counters)

iv used http://www.maelstromgames.co.uk/index.php?act=pro&pre=aow_aow_bst_bst_111_000

also if uv got the cards for it she can save his ass with the heal, but dont use her 2 much because it sacrifices the model, u dont get corpse counters

and bells are so tough if u can set it up bells + punk zombies is so broken :D

nic, mortimer , 2x crooked men , 3x k9 , grave spirit

1 question is crooked or belles and are the hanged worth the cost with grave spirit linked or do i need vultures ?

thanks for taking time to read

bolle

Crooked men and Belles serve very different purposes. Crooked men are damage output and trap layers, while Belles are Crowd Control and De-buff. Belles are tougher to put down but their damage output is meh compared to what a crooked man can do.

As Alondir said, used in concert they are wonderful, but it's not as if we can definitively say that one is better than the other since there will be situations where one excels and the other fails.

I certainly don't think the Punk Zombies are broken, they are pretty squishy if not bolstered.

They are definitely my bread and butter model though, I love them so so much.

Haha

The Belles are great too because for 4 SS you get a (potentially) model with 8 Wd, 5 Df, Hard to Wound, and 8 Cb.

I see how it's possible to get a lot of damage from Crooked Men, but the mines they lay are usually just for deterring people, they don't usually get stepped on.

My luck with nurses is much the same, I don't want to spend 5 points on a model that doesn't do that much. For the same amount, I like to take Punk Zombies.

The Grave Spirit and Vultures are much like Sebs and Morty to me. It depends on who I am against. If I am against living or Undead things, I will take vultures because they can run in there and grab the counters for me but if I am facing something that does not or something with a lot of heavy hitters, I will take the Grave Spirit.

I like to start with one belle and tag the Spirit to her, now she is nearly impossible to kill.

Now...I have been thinking about using a Crooked man,and a Bete Noir as a hilarious counter to a nasty melee unit.. you put the crooked man into melee combat with it. chances are good that it wont do much,and the next time that unit activates,it will finish off the crooked man. Slow to die drops a shafted on top of the melee unit,who ends his activation and activates it. Now its either wounded,or even better paralyzed. And Betty pops out,blades gleaming and a wicked grin,and her playtoy is already prepared for her.