McMourning turn 1 flesh construct under new rules

I am pretty new to playing McMourning. Under the new dissection rules models killed by the spell do not leave a corpse counter. Instead of creating a flesh construct the old way is it possible for McMourning to scalpel sling cheating for week damage, then dissect cheating for week damage again, and finally use surgical implements to finish of the dog leaving a corpse counter and giving McMourning a total of 7 body parts, burning one to cast monstrous creation. I realize that this is very impractical, but is it legal.

please leave a comment telling me your thoughts

Edited by panzeehunter

I would have to say no. Dog has 3 wounds. Once you do 2 with scalpel slingin and then another 1 with dissection it would be dead there would be no dog to do a follow up strike on. So max of 4 body parts from your dog like this.

Its actualy kind of funny you just kill it you get 1 corpse worth 2 body parts. He hacks it apart and gets 2 corpse counters worth :P

Just an fyi you may want to post some thing like this under the rules discussion.

okay...take two more Soulstones in the beginning of a match...

33 points of models in a 35...23 in a 25...so on and so forth so you have a full 8 soulstones.

Take 2 and start with Two Body part counters (2).

Take one Canine Remains and place it in melee range of Dr. McMourning.

As soon as you activate, hit the dog with a Surgical Instruments Strike and cheat for weak damage, if you can. This triggers "A Piece for Me". (3)

Cast (1) Dissection once and try to get either Weak or Moderate damage, both of these are enough to kill the dog. As per the new errata or whatever, it would not drop a Corpse Counter...however, you still have enough to make a Frankie.(6)

Now you have enough to cast (0) Monsterous Creation. (1)

I have only played McM once so my experience is very limited, but this is what I saw in that one game, so please take this with a grain of salt.

With the right strategy I will agree with tadaka. Just take the FC right from the beginning or don't and wait to summon it later. The FC being summoned in the first turn is flashy and fun but I think the first turn would be better used to get McM into a good position on the board. If in later turns you need a heavy hitter or a way to get enemy models into melee, then summon the FC to help out.