Speaking of Best and Worst

Kurgan

Could I please get peoples thoughts on who is the best and worst starter boxes in Malifaux, including both books.

I am stuck deciding between Saemus and Vonschill so I think I will get both, but I am just curios what everyone thinks about the other boxes.

I would like them to be rated from the point of view that it will be my first Malifaux box.

Well in all honesty, most of the starter boxes are actually really good. Infact I would probably say they are all very good and any is a good choice. It really boils down to how you want to play a master and what you want in their crew. Zoraida's box set isnt going to do you any good if you dont want to use any of the models in it. Their points vary a bit, but most are good to go straight from their boxes.

I think what it really boils down to is the learning curve on some of hte masters. Leveticus, Pandora, Dreamer, Kirai, etc have some steep learning curves are are hard for people to start with unless your willing to tackle them right off the bat.